Sponsored

Went to track help me what broke ??

stang305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
went to the track yesterday first time with the boosted stang on stock clutch. On my 2nd run the clutch went all the way to the floor. And would not allow to put into gear with the car is on. When trying it sounds like a clunk noise and will not allow to go into gear. When the car is off I can push the clutch and go into gear.

Also clutch feels way different it’s way lower than usual.

Thanks for the help
Sponsored

Calvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP
Had a similar problem recently. Turned out I exploded my hydraulic throwout bearing. It was completely seized and the bearing had tons of play. First symptom was after a shift and the pedal lost pressure but I was able to pump it back up. Second high RPM shift, pedal stayed to floor, and had visible fluid leaking on ground. Happened on the street in the country. Didn't have phone so had to literally let the starter crank the car to life at every stop and clutchless shifted it back home.

I am procharged also but I have a Tremec Magnum XL and Spec Super Twin clutch so its not exactly stock, but nevertheless the OEM spec hydraulic throwout crapped out on me.

Other thing it could possibly be is the clutch master cylinder.

OP
OP

stang305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
Had a similar problem recently. Turned out I exploded my hydraulic throwout bearing. It was completely seized and the bearing had tons of play. First symptom was after a shift and the pedal lost pressure but I was able to pump it back up. Second high RPM shift, pedal stayed to floor, and had visible fluid leaking on ground. Happened on the street in the country. Didn't have phone so had to literally let the starter crank the car to life at every stop and clutchless shifted it back home.

I am procharged also but I have a Tremec Magnum XL and Spec Super Twin clutch so its not exactly stock, but nevertheless the OEM spec hydraulic throwout crapped out on me.

Other thing it could possibly be is the clutch master cylinder.
I plan on upgrading the clutch to an RST just to be on the safe side. do i buy an OEM clutch master cylinder as well or is there a better alternative? want to prevent this from happening in the future.

Calvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP
I plan on upgrading the clutch to an RST just to be on the safe side. do i buy an OEM clutch master cylinder as well or is there a better alternative? want to prevent this from happening in the future.
I am still on the OEM stock master. It has leaked slightly onto the interior carpet since I got the car new and have 30k miles now, 8k of which were on the new clutch. At the very least replace the pilot bearing and hydraulic throwout/slave assembly.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
Whether this is the TOB failing or not (sounds like it is) you would be very wise to replace it when doing the clutch. You have to drop the transmission to do the TOB anyway.

Sponsored

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
fullsizeoutput_c_zpsuohmqjhl.jpg

I hope its not this..! My Stock clutch went on track... The opposite side was clean with minimum wear..
I replaced the complete clutch system with Excedy Stage 3, lightened flywheel, Master & Slave, TOB, Hard lines, fluids....

TrevorGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
race red 2015 GT
It’s the clutch disc. When mine came apart, it acted exactly like you’re describing. Only could shift when car was off.

96gt4.6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium/A6, 2020 Explorer ST
Clutch Disc. Seen and done many of them, the symptoms are nearly identical.
Sponsored