Sponsored

went to the track last nignt and would like opinions!

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
My point is, chill out. We all come from humble beginnings just like you and your neon. No reason to get disrespectful to others. No need to perceive every difference of opinion as a challenge to your ego. You can keep acting like a know-it-all but no one is going to listen to douchebag no matter how knowledgeable they might be.
And my point is. A lot of the stuff that’s getting said in this thread. Is just flat out WRONG. Drag radials don’t spin. That’s WRONG. One guy claimed he couldn't even spin 235 series street tires. Really? Ever tire....at every level of racing. Will spin. Period! Stock street tires, all the way up to the giant slicks on top fuel funny cars. A child can spin a bicycle tire. But a Mustang can’t spin the tires???. Recommending a person run 30 psi in a drag radial. On a drag strip. is WRONG. I posted the link to the Mickey Thompson web sight. Since the OP has that brand of drag radials. Now should the OP listen to Mickey Thompson? Or should he listen to fastcarfanboy? Who would you take advice from? Lets think about it. Random interwebs dude. Or the manufacture. People come in here looking for help. And when you see them being told things. That you know are flat out foolish. You try politely at first to make your point. There is differences of opinions. One guy said try 20 psi. I said I run at 18psi. But the guy that recommended 20psi. Wasn't giving out BAD advice! Growler claims he hit a 1.7 sixty on street tires under optimum conditions. I don't doubt it. For some reason he struggles with the fact. That I say 1.6s are doable on drag radials??? He's contradicting his own argument with the 1.7 street tire claim. Hell I hit a triple zero reaction time once. I’m not claiming this is a regular occerence. But he's stuck on a 1/10th of a second difference. On what he says. He can do on STREET TIRES! And what I say is doable. ON DRAG RADIALS! My opinion is he ran a very few 1.7s on street tires. His opinion is. You cant run 1.6s on drag radials. And I clearly proved you can with all the 1.6s in the bolt on fast list.. So you know what they say about opinions. Now the reason I'm able to hit a few high 1.6s on street tires. Is because I race all the time. I’ve raced everything from a front wheel drive neon. All the way up to a 10.5 outlaw car that I built myself. And qualified for my NHRA license in. Him saying he doesn't believe a 1.6 sixty with a DR. Doesn’t change my life one bit.... I don’t care. if I’m perceived as a now it all douchebag. Id rather be perceived as a knowledgeable dick. That actually will give solid advice. Than a clueless moron. This thread had dumb shit. Heaped on top of dumb shit. Now back to the original topic. The OP was most likely spinning. Spinning is the single most common cause for a bad sixty. Track prep. Tire pressure. His launch technique. Etc. all directly effect the sixty foot. Right or wrong? I tried to offer detailed advice on how he could possibly correct his sixty. Is a 1.9 sixty as good as it gets? Or is there potential for him to do better? For him to do better. He needs to be armed with the right information. Was any of the advice I gave him wrong?
Sponsored

Last edited:

BrandonS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium A6
@bluebeastsrt Maybe the bone stock list isn't a direct comparison, but the NA bolt on list is full of cars with converters and E85 tunes. Show me a 3.15 A6 car with a stock converter go 1.6x. And no, my mind isn't changed.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
@bluebeastsrt Maybe the bone stock list isn't a direct comparison, but the NA bolt on list is full of cars with converters and E85 tunes. Show me a 3.15 A6 car with a stock converter go 1.6x. And no, my mind isn't changed.
Brandon At this stage of the game. I no longer care What a few hard heads think. It's obvious I can put facts in front of you all day long. And the blinders wont come off. Your saying every car on that list. Was an E85 car, running a convertor? EVERY SINGLE ONE??? I ran those lists from 2015 to 2016. So I know that's another incorrect comment! The stock list. Was for completely stock cars on factory stock tires. As soon as you bolted on drag radials. Or a CAI. You got assigned to the bolt-on list. I could go and prove it. But what's the point? I'm done arguing with guys that say things like. I ran a 1.7 on street tires. But a 1.6 on drag radials is impossible! You guys keep running your 13.2s with mods. And saying it's fine. Or it's completely normal. Not everyone can be good at this stuff. And if you gotta make excuses. Like the stock convertor is to tight. To explain why your slow. More power to ya. What I do notice however. Is your not on any of those lists!

Last edited:

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
just for more fire, my best 60ft is 1.7 on a drag radial...vortech 18 A10..stock converter no spin

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
voortech.... irrelevant

Sponsored

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
voortech.... irrelevant
how so? was just a comparison of a stock car vs modified car 60ft. if 1.7 60ft should be easy with a stock car then my car was garbage

BrandonS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium A6
Don't get them going @Angry50 , these things will drag the bumper with a CB005 and drag radials.... with a catback only !!!

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
how so? was just a comparison of a stock car vs modified car 60ft. if 1.7 60ft should be easy with a stock car then my car was garbage
Ok, let's see the Dyno. How much power at 1800 is it making over stock? If you wanna be a smart ass, let's get technical about it.

On this 1.7 60', what track? Da? Other mods?

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Ok, let's see the Dyno. How much power at 1800 is it making over stock? If you wanna be a smart ass, let's get technical about it.

On this 1.7 60', what track? Da? Other mods?
simmer down sea bass lol. even if you want to say the vortech helps 0 at launch which we can say that. its still tuned, A10 with 3.55 gear. i got 1.7 60 in 1215 DA and in 3000 da.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
In drag racing. Lunching the car is where all the skill's involved.:idea:Some have it. Some don't. Brandon ill post my slips. You post yours.

Sponsored

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
im no pro, i tried a few different launch RPMs and methods ran this car roughly 20 time boosted maybe 5 stock. on a stock car there isnt a ton to mess with for launching but then again im still learning.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
im no pro, i tried a few different launch RPMs and methods ran this car roughly 20 time boosted maybe 5 stock. on a stock car there isnt a ton to mess with for launching but then again im still learning.
It’s all good. That’s probably about 80% more experience. Than a few of the other commentators.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Tire pressure, 40+ psi up front/low 20s rear, pull advancetrac fuse/or fender plug, a VERY shallow stage, and launch technique are all very important to best 60ft times possible. Until you try these things nothing else needs to be said in here. If you're going to track and leaving nannies on then bad times are on you.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Tire pressure, 40+ psi up front/low 20s rear, pull advancetrac fuse/or fender plug, a VERY shallow stage, and launch technique are all very important to best 60ft times possible. Until you try these things nothing else needs to be said in here. If you're going to track and leaving nannies on then bad times are on you.
My man.:crackup:

BrandonS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium A6
Well to be fair, my S550 is slow AF. (Stock with catback) That being said, I've had plenty of fast cars in the past (bunch of DSMs and turbo buicks) I know what it takes to be fast, and to your credit @bluebeastsrt you're correct in that the whole pass is dictated by the 60'. I also realize that with these modern 6r80 trans, they respond by a LOT of different variables. TPS, load tables, traction control etc. I'm sure there are a few guys with stock cars that have 60 footed abnormally quicker than the "norm". I suppose on a good air day with a proper track/tire temp a stock car could eek down there. I just don't see a stock car with a DR pulling off a 1.6x... You've taken my comments as a personal attack to your knowledge or skillset. That's not the case, I'm simply stating that in my experience, I've not seen any stock 6r80 cars 60' for shit. Are they out there? Maybe, but I can't speak about a scenario in which I didn't witness or partake. I know I have tried every different approach to launching my car and my PB is a 1.86. Idle foot stomp, loading the converter, shallow stage, deep stage... They all net very similar results. Sadly, spinning is not a problem for me either. I will continue to work on my technique and perhaps the stars will align on a pass and I can eek out a mid/high 1.7 and get this pig down to the 12.6s/7s before any bolt ons or tune... Its all in good fun, my challenge is to be quicker than I was, not the guy next to me... My wallet isn't fat enough for that game just yet.
Sponsored