Sponsored

Went to see my new ride today

stangdan26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
I had a similar issue with my 13' GT on the hood off the lot. The dealer fixed it but I could always notice the repair. They should get you another car even if it's fixed perfect you'll never forget that spot.
Sponsored

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
If it's under the clearcoat then yes, it could've came that way from the factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know. But still. I can't still believe that QC would not see it. But our family still believes in Santa too. :shrug:

As so many posted already. Ask for a replacement and do not sign anything. Although they fix it you always will see where the paint was damaged.

DarthLepard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Agreed, there is no way I would take delivery of a car that came with a paint defect from the factory. It would be totally different if it was a bumper cap or something easily swapped with a good piece, but that looks like they will be painting panels..........

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
I know you are excited to drive your car. You bought a new car, it should come new with no blemishes. Refuse delivery and ask for a new car, and request priority code 01 (so you get it within a month)

Sponsored

OP
OP

GavinR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 GT (on order)
Thanks everyone for your replies. I guess the consensus is to refuse delivery and order a new car. I'll speak to them later today and do just that unless they somehow magic the marks out of the paintwork.

Cheers! GavinR

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I know. But still. I can't still believe that QC would not see it. But our family still believes in Santa too. :shrug:
OK seeing a lot of posts on here. First, there is no way this happened at Ford. This isn't a paint issue. It's something that occurred in transport.

That looks like some sort of calcium/limescale residue. (see pic here)

You can see this type of stuff happen in parking garages, etc where water leaks through the concrete or it comes out of the fire system pipes overhead in parking structures.

Auto detailers can get the stuff off pretty easily. It' common in the city.

http://www.howtocleanstuff.net/how-to-remove-lime-scale-from-a-car/

Now it could possibly be some sort of chemical that leaked from one car and dripped down on yours IF your car was on the bottom but it really looks like lime scale residue.

Now if you are are seeing bubbles in the paint, then obviously refuse delivery but first just check to see if it's limescale because it looks like that. I've had this stuff on my car lots of times. Won't come off with normal detailing stuff.

Last edited:

RobBaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost, 6 speed, Performance Package in RR
If you refuse delivery the dealer will paint it and sell as new so very little lost to the dealer.

On the other hand you are out of luck with having your new car. I would negotiate with the dealer the repaint and a lifetime guarantee of a quality paint job to your satisfaction and get it signed by the dealership owner.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
It sucks to wait longer but get the car you want. And expect

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
So I got a call from my dealer to say that my GT arrived yesterday after waiting for 5 months for it. I took a run up there this evening to find that Ford had fitted the rear spoiler despite me ordering spoiler delete and also there is something weird going on with the paint down one side. It almost looks like air bubbles or oil, underneath, or in the clear coat. It's on the rear quarter, bumper, door and side skirt. You can't feel it to the touch and apparently the detailer at the dealership said it's going to have to go to the paintshop.

Needless to say I'm far from happy about this. Has any one else has anything that looks similar and how did you fix it?

Thanks!

GavinR

Not sure if this is much help, but I saw an almost Identical blemish on a brand new bmw over on bimmerpost. The owner was pretty freaked(justifiably so) but they were able to remove it with denatured alchohol I believe. Could save a trip to paint assuming its the same problem, the picture you posted looks pretty identical.

Sponsored

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
If you refuse delivery the dealer will paint it and sell as new so very little lost to the dealer.

On the other hand you are out of luck with having your new car. I would negotiate with the dealer the repaint and a lifetime guarantee of a quality paint job to your satisfaction and get it signed by the dealership owner.
In Ga if a dealer spends more than $500 to repair bodywork on a new car he must disclose it to the new owner.

Last edited:

GNS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
I would refuse to accept the car. Be polite, but firm, and make it clear that your business is still with them, but the car is unacceptable.

First, there's that white stuff (whatever the hell it is). The dealership can try to fix it as much as they want, it will never look right and you will forever be second guessing yourself. On top of that it's "on the rear quarter, bumper, door and side skirt." One location is bad enough. Four locations? Forget it.

Secondly, there's the installed spoiler even though you ordered a spoiler delete. Who knows what else is wrong with it?

Ask for a new one, and get it punted up the chain of command.

Chucky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT
My car was in the 2/2 build week and this was in the paint. The center of the trunk lid had the same run as your car but not as noticeable and something in the paint on the passenger door. My dealer ordered me a new car.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
No way. Not my car. I mean, they could get you a new trunk lid and fix the spoiler. But a freshly-painted quarter is never going to be original paint.
Sponsored