Sponsored

Welcome Kit Question

FerrariStang16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I know when you purchase a GT500 new, you get the welcome kit some time after delivery.

If you purchase one used, people obviously don't give that back with the car, so would somebody be able to contact Ford and purchase a welcome kit for them?
Sponsored

Big Ernie McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2021 Charger Scat Pack, 2013 Silverado
I know when you purchase a GT500 new, you get the welcome kit some time after delivery.

If you purchase one used, people obviously don't give that back with the car, so would somebody be able to contact Ford and purchase a welcome kit for them?
It just depends, not everyone will keep the kits when they get ride of the car. I just got our 350 sold and I kept the kit with the car. Sure some will keep them. Everything I have seen about these is basically you canā€™t get another one from Ford performance. You would have to find someone willing to sell one that they kept. Then it still wouldnā€™t be a number matching kit with the car.

BabyDoc1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Sierra, ā€˜21 Expedition, ā€˜22 Mach 1
I donā€™t understand why you would keep it after selling. Itā€™s an owners kit. But hey the original owner of my 19 GT kept the owners manual, šŸ˜‚

OP
OP

FerrariStang16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It just depends, not everyone will keep the kits when they get ride of the car. I just got our 350 sold and I kept the kit with the car. Sure some will keep them. Everything I have seen about these is basically you canā€™t get another one from Ford performance. You would have to find someone willing to sell one that they kept. Then it still wouldnā€™t be a number matching kit with the car.
figured you couldn't, just thought I'd ask

I donā€™t understand why you would keep it after selling. Itā€™s an owners kit. But hey the original owner of my 19 GT kept the owners manual, šŸ˜‚
I don't know why someone would either but I've seen it happen
šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
With private sales, usually the owner is willing to give the Owners Supplement Package to the new owner of the car. However, with trade ins the original owners tend to keep the kit instead of turning it over in good faith to the dealership where it usually gets lost or finds its way onto ebay...

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Unfortunately, its not something you can buy from Ford. You can probably find one on ebay, but it won't be specific to your chassis number. If you really want one, I'd have a look at ebay.

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2022 Shelby SSS, 2023 Raptor R
When I sold my 2020, I included all paperwork/documentation, DORA/Vehicle Visibility Reports, production tags/stickers, welcome kit, car cover, VIP/celebrity photos, history & connections, and anything else I could find. Definitely supported the value, buyer/collector was very happy.

OP
OP

FerrariStang16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
When I sold my 2020, I included all paperwork/documentation, DORA/Vehicle Visibility Reports, production tags/stickers, welcome kit, car cover, VIP/celebrity photos, history & connections, and anything else I could find. Definitely supported the value, buyer/collector was very happy.
that's how it should be. when the time comes, I'm hoping to find a new 2021 base at a reasonable price so I wouldn't have to worry, or get lucky and get a used one and the previous owner leaves it with the car

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
You are a class act. Most dont. I agree. That is part of the car. It should not be separated.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
When I sold my 2020, Give Me The VIN did not give two shits about anything other than the car ($8,000 more than I paid non-ADM buy). I sold the tool kit for about $100, the factory hood vent insert, I forget for how much, and kept the car cover (it will be used on the 2022 HE) and the owners supplement. Had I sold to a private party, I would have kept all of that with the car. It added zero value to the car with GMTV.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
You can call Ford and the will send you a copy. Alternatively, you can view and download a PDF version from the Ford website directly.

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,

I sold my 350 and included the kit, why would I keep it ?? I was more than happy to give the owner the kit. Carry on the tradition of these wonderful vehicles.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I sold my 350 and included the kit, why would I keep it ?? I was more than happy to give the owner the kit. Carry on the tradition of these wonderful vehicles.
Yes, but I get the idea of keeping it from dealers. They are not enthusiasts, instead opportunists. These kits go for quite a bit on ebay.

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
Yes, but I get the idea of keeping it from dealers. They are not enthusiasts, instead opportunists. These kits go for quite a bit on ebay.

Yes, just wish I had a bigger garage Iā€™d still have the 350.
Sponsored