Sponsored

Weird thump with new stereo install

16ggtlackFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt black
When I unlock the car and open the door the stereo makes 4 quick thump sounds.
16 mustang GT base 6 speaker system
What I have installed is 2 alpine amps. A pdx m12 and pdx f6, 15" idmax d4 woofer, 4 kicker ksc65, and lc2i.

What could I take. A look at to try and fix this ? I didn't do install so I'm not 100% about what is going where

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
It's how they wired the low voltage remote turn on for your amp most likely. You'll need to find a new source or possibly use a relay to delay the turn on. I had the same issue (single thump), got rid of it for a year and now it's back...

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
When I unlock the car and open the door the stereo makes 4 quick thump sounds.
16 mustang GT base 6 speaker system
What I have installed is 2 alpine amps. A pdx m12 and pdx f6, 15" idmax d4 woofer, 4 kicker ksc65, and lc2i.

What could I take. A look at to try and fix this ? I didn't do install so I'm not 100% about what is going where

Thanks in advance.
I fixed the same issue with my amp. Tap a fuse in the passenger footwell and run a remote turn on wire. Don't use the signal sense feature. I think it was fuse #23? But don't quote me. I fixed it a while ago.

OP
OP

16ggtlackFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt black
I fixed the same issue with my amp. Tap a fuse in the passenger footwell and run a remote turn on wire. Don't use the signal sense feature. I think it was fuse #23? But don't quote me. I fixed it a while ago.
I looked it up fuse 23 is a 10 amp fuse for power windows. Rear view mirror.

Would that work ?
And just run the remote wire from that fuse to my amps ?

Sponsored

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
I'll check when I get home. Just finishing a 10 hour day at work and a workout. Homie needs a nap first

OP
OP

16ggtlackFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt black
Right now on the lc2i I have a remote wire out going to my Amps. Once your confirm the fuse number I plug that into the remote wire in and turn the gto(smart sense) feature off. Simple as that ?

OP
OP

16ggtlackFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt black
For future reference if anyone has this setup with the same issue. You can turn the gto feature off and run the remote wire from fuse 23 in the passenger footwell fuse box to the lc2i remote in.

Relak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 - Oxford White
For future reference if anyone has this setup with the same issue. You can turn the gto feature off and run the remote wire from fuse 23 in the passenger footwell fuse box to the lc2i remote in.
Getting the same issue since I removed my DSP. Going to give this a shot and run my remote wire straight to the amps. Thanks for the info

Sponsored

Racemaster

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.skspeed.com
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush 2003 Marauder
The way to fix this problem is this.Find the blue/green tracer wire,pin #1 in this plug from the factory amp.
mustang amp plug3 (Custom).jpg

The wire will be 6 volts.You then wire it to this.
https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_18693_PAC-TR-4.html
Pin #14 is the 12volt and pin #11 is ground in the same plug.
Out of the tr-4 you now have a switched 12 volt that reacts with the headunit as ford designed it to.It will switch your amp on and off like stock.

OP
OP

16ggtlackFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt black
The way to fix this problem is this.Find the blue/green tracer wire,pin #1 in this plug from the factory amp.
mustang amp plug3 (Custom).jpg

The wire will be 6 volts.You then wire it to this.
https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_18693_PAC-TR-4.html
Pin #14 is the 12volt and pin #11 is ground in the same plug.
Out of the tr-4 you now have a switched 12 volt that reacts with the headunit as ford designed it to.It will switch your amp on and off like stock.
From what I understand or was told is that the base model does not have an amp it runs strictly from the HU. Is there alternative method to wire into the HU ?

Racemaster

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.skspeed.com
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush 2003 Marauder