Weird noise coming from transmission

Mreedini56

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
So last night I did a pull from 0-80 and I noticed an odd noise around 6000 rpm in 3rd and 4th gear. It’s not grinding and it’s not super loud it’s kinda like a really faint rattling, I tried to get it on video but failed to recreate the sound. Is this be something I should be worried about?
Sponsored

Deleted member 35786

If your still on your power train warranty(5yr/60K) take it in and have them look at it. Get it documented if your concerned.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
So last night I did a pull from 0-80 and I noticed an odd noise around 6000 rpm in 3rd and 4th gear. It’s not grinding and it’s not super loud it’s kinda like a really faint rattling, I tried to get it on video but failed to recreate the sound. Is this be something I should be worried about?
MT-82 I presume?

It sounds like a buzzing/fluttering?

OP
OP

Mreedini56

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
MT-82 I presume?

It sounds like a buzzing/fluttering?
Yeah, it’s really weird the transmission has always had some noise but thats the first I’ve heard this.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, it’s really weird the transmission has always had some noise but thats the first I’ve heard this.
Yeah I cannot remember what it is but I never really noticed it in mine until I read about it here. I mainly hear it when I am getting onto the highway via the ramps and I am on the throttle hard. I will see if I can find the thread where we talked about it before.

It did it in my trans that blew up at 5000 miles (shift forks/synchros) and the brand new trans that is in there now.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mreedini56

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
Yeah I cannot remember what it is but I never really noticed it in mine until I read about it here. I mainly hear it when I am getting onto the highway via the ramps and I am on the throttle hard. I will see if I can find the thread where we talked about it before.

It did it in my trans that blew up at 5000 miles (shift forks/synchros) and the brand new trans that is in there now.
Alright well I’m probably gonna take my car to ford and get it checked out then I’m still under the powertrain warranty and yeah if you could find the thread that’d be great

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alright well I’m probably gonna take my car to ford and get it checked out then I’m still under the powertrain warranty and yeah if you could find the thread that’d be great
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-first-impressions.116521/page-2#post-2454495

That post is the one I remembered and then the one below is where the guy made a separate thread for it

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2019-gt-mt82-weird-sound-question.116475/#post-2483507

OP
OP

Mreedini56

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
So I’ve noticed the noise at lower speeds with the windows up I can hear the rattle when I'm in 4th gear or above and around 3k rpm https://www.linkedin.com/posts/matt...attle-noise-activity-6563335532909334528-rKj_ if you turn it up and listen you will hear a rattle you could also hear it a little with the windows down. I don't think its Engine related because it isn't consistent but either way I think I should take it in.
Sponsored