Sponsored

Weird noise coming from passenger side (dealer service appointment scheduled)

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
I recently noticed some strange noises coming from the passenger side. First heard it when driving up next to a wall on the passenger side and the sound was reflected off the wall.

Not really sure how to describe it, just sounds like its coming from the wheels when moving.
Kinda like a oscillating noise, not really a scraping noise but it only happens when the car is in motion, and it seems to be only from the passenger side..

Also I want to get them to look at some squeaking happening from inside the cabin driving me i n s a n e.

Anyone have any tips for working with a service dept at a dealer? When does my warranty come in play?

Thank you!
Sponsored

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
A lot of dealers will say, "We didnt find anything abnormal" so if you have videos it helps to show the dealer (if they are one that actually cares) the sounds. Waranty comes into play if they find something and need to service it. They still have to look and document any issues you bring up.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Best advice is if you can replicate the concern, when you go to drop off the car ask the Service Writer if the Shop Foreman or a Tech can go on a brief ride with you before leaving. With you driving, take the car out where you know you can replicate the concern. Then let the Tech drive it back and tell him how he can replicate it so he experiences the issue and confirms it.

If there is a noise or drivability issue, I always request to go on a test drive before I leave the Dealer... this way I know for a fact that both me and the Tech were able to either hear it, feel it or experience the issue while the car was in motion. It's best practice - rather than explain an issue, leave and then get a call back that "they couldn't replicate the concern".

OP
OP

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
i think im just an idiot and was hearing normal noise that i never noticed before since i rarely drive with my exhaust set to quiet mode.

cancelled my service appointment.

thanks for the responses everyone!
Sponsored