ib2loud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
2015 Ecoboost for reference...

Seems like this just started happening. If I take off a little harder than a normal from a stop, the rear makes a noise like I'm going over a pothole or manhole over or something and then it goes away. Seems to only happen in 1st gear and doesn't occur on a normal stop and go when I'm easy on the gas.

I checked everything underneath I could think to check to make sure it's all tight. I have Eibach Sportlines and had an alignment done shortly after lowering the car but that was 20k miles ago.

Thanks for any help.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ib2loud

ib2loud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Any suggestions on what else to check? I think I'll have the dealer look at it this week to see if they have any opinions on it.

cjm9999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP in magnetic
i had a similar issue when i changed out my springs after a few months of driving, the driver rear spring wasnt aligned properly. i had to lower the rear suspension and rotate the spring so it sat properly. hope this helps.

OP
OP
ib2loud

ib2loud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
i had a similar issue when i changed out my springs after a few months of driving, the driver rear spring wasnt aligned properly. i had to lower the rear suspension and rotate the spring so it sat properly. hope this helps.
I may have to just pull everything out of the back and check it all. I let the dealership drive it but the tech didn't have a clue what it could be and said it was probably because of the lowering which I understood as "I'll try to fix it but no warranty", so I will try to figure it out on my own.

OP
OP
ib2loud

ib2loud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Everything in the back seems to be where it needs to be. I noticed some rub marks above the balancer on the driveshaft at the differential connection. Going to have the dealer look at that and see if it's a warranty issue or if I'm on my own.

I was thinking maybe a CB005 kit or something would help this problem if it's just a matter of too much slack somewhere. I don't know enough about the suspension to know what else to check.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ib2loud

ib2loud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Dealer is saying it's in the half shaft axles and they refuse to work on it until I take the lowering springs off. Guess I'll do that this week.

OP
OP
ib2loud

ib2loud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
So I took the back springs off and put the stock ones on just so the dealer would touch the car. Tuns out a bolt was missing from the front driveshaft. They had it on their lift 3 times and didn't notice before telling me to remove the springs. I had the recall done when I first got the car to do the heat shielding and the tech removed the driveshaft and they're thinking he reused the old bolts and didn't use loctite.

They're replacing all of the bolts and hopefully no other damage has been done. I'm pretty upset they didn't notice this the first time they looked it over and before forcing me to remove the lowering springs. Not a good experience overall and it may get worse...we'll see how the repairs go once the bolts come in next week.

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
Man why they are there have THEM put the damn springs back in. They overlooked the easy cause of your issue and had you pull the springs.

OP
OP
ib2loud

ib2loud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I should but honestly i don't trust them to do it. I am going to ask for them to pay for a new alignment.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So what ended up happening, what was your fix result from dealer and did knock noise go away?

Sponsored
OP
OP
ib2loud

ib2loud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
So what ended up happening, what was your fix result from dealer and did knock noise go away?
The dealership replaced all of the driveshaft bolts but did not pay for an alignment. The clunk is gone but I had to put in the time to swap the springs out and back in and pay for a new alignment. Very frustrating overall.

Mrpopper239

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leonardo
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
My car is a 16 too and is lowered, and only my right wheel in rear makes a clunking noise when turning onto a raised driveway or road etc just makes an awful noise...do you think it could be the springs? Cause I checked everything else and everything is right and tigh

cjm9999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP in magnetic
My car is a 16 too and is lowered, and only my right wheel in rear makes a clunking noise when turning onto a raised driveway or road etc just makes an awful noise...do you think it could be the springs? Cause I checked everything else and everything is right and tigh
what have you changed? I would start there. Since this post I've chased clunks and noises in almost all the IRS parts I've changed. My BMR toe links are the most recent to fail me. If Springs is all you’ve changed, then that may be the solution. Its also a simple fix. Just lift the rear and feel for the rubber seat where the spring sits in. The end of the spring should sit in a channel that has a rubber stop where the end of the spring should sit. If its not there, just rotate the spring until its there.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I had clunking too. Clocked bushings and tightened my swaybar bolts to spec, no more clunk.

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2019 F150 King Ranch
Have you yet determined the cause? I have a 2019 GT PP1 with Steeda Progressive lowering springs. My driveway has a curb at the street, thing is the clunk or pop noise is the loudest in the rear when leaving the house when the front wheels first drop off the curb. Or at least that is what it seems like. Had my independent local shop check, they torqued everything, but not sure if they “reclocked”. Use to make the noise when driving around, especially when starting out from a stop and agressively making a 90 degrees turn, like at a 4 way stop. Now it just makes the noise over bumps like the driveway curb or parking lot speed humps.
Sponsored