First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
FORD SHELBY GT350
CLASSIC5 GLOSS BLACK
20X11 & 20X11.5

I would expect for high quality pricey wheels like Velgen, to be offered in whatever offset I required. Making the point of spacers moot.

Who is going to buy your wheels and then use spacers?

For a vendor, your message is a bit acidic. IMO
Sponsored

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F
From one business owner to another, I would recommend listening and trying to understand your crowd. Even though we don’t make up a large percentage of your business, constructive criticism is helpful to any owner of a business.
You have to understand a lot of us track our cars, and having squared wheel sets that we can wrap a 315 on is important as a track setup. Or to anyone that wants to rotate tires because now tires are $500ea vs $300 a year ago - $2000K a set every few years isn’t bad, but 3 sets a year it adds up.
Apex has taken a lot of our money.
My suggestion, would be to offer Apex spec’d wheels (that DO require spacers for a squared setup) with different designs, but still are lightweight, and still allow proper big brake clearance that are also affordable ($500ea).
Only a suggestion.
Right now we don’t have a ton to choose from.
Also, remember everything you post is pretty much in concrete now days. Being professional and the way you handle yourself if you are a business owner, is important to many.

Last edited:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Listening is the #1 skill. I have trouble only with two types of clients. The type that want to tell me how to fix their problem and the ones who don’t pay for the work once it’s done. Other than that, it’s generally enjoyable helping folks.

stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I'm glad I came down to this section to look around. I didn't know I couldn't use spacers with Velgen wheels. Is this correct? I wanted a square set up of 20x11 so I could use 305's on my Bullitt. Is this not possible? I really want to rotate my tires properly at oil changes.

For the record; I have Magneride and swapped to GT350R front bearing/hubs with the extended studs and OP slip-on spacers up front. I also have the Ford Performance rear bearing/hubs with ARP studs to accommodate slip-on spacers (but purely for an aesthetic reason) as I am working with factory wheels ATM. Wheel offset will negate those.
Sponsored

Last edited: