Waze not working on Android Auto

ArtieTheOneManParty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
There must have been an update that happened in the last month or so that completely killed Waze for me in the Mustang. The app works fine on my phone (Pixel 6 Pro), but whenever I connect to the car, it freezes up after starting. Does anyone know a fix for this? While driving today, I switched to Google Maps and it worked fine the whole time. Waze froze multiple times, and this isn't the first time this has happened. My other vehicles don't have Android Auto, so I just it on the phone with no problems.
Sponsored

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Have heard reports within the last week of Waze itself being the problem with this issue, apparently it’s not just you.

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Lightning Blue
I'm having exactly this same issue with Waze on the same phone. I was away for work with a hire care with no issues though. Back in the Mustang and freezing / jumping etc. I have a case open with Waze but need to remeber to log and note down dates and times.

OP
OP
ArtieTheOneManParty

ArtieTheOneManParty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I'm having exactly this same issue with Waze on the same phone. I was away for work with a hire care with no issues though. Back in the Mustang and freezing / jumping etc. I have a case open with Waze but need to remeber to log and note down dates and times.
Have you updated to Android 13 yet? I just did it this weekend, but I haven't tried Waze again yet.

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
On Android 13. Its better but still happens

Sponsored

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
Just received this update from Waze on my case:

"Hi Andrew,
Thanks for your response.
I´ve gone ahead and raised your concern to our engineers. It seems that they are aware of this issue and are working hard to fix it.
In the meantime, try updating your app. This sometimes fixes issues, since we release versions every month. Here is the link to update:
Thanks for contributing to the Waze community with your feedback!"

My Ap is up to date.

acemastr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Same issue, stops updating my location shortly after starting.

James840a

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
I had this happen to me too. The location would freeze in waze. Everything worked bug the GPS location. I found this solution that worked. Maybe it will work for you guys. "I had the same problem on my Ford Fiesta, and disabling location on AA itself (while keeping location enabled on Waze) got me everything working again." On Android apps find the AA app and disabling location fixed and waze start using its location.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
+1 on the issue with the Pixel 6 Pro, updated to the latest and greatest patch. It was working fine on my Bronco, but the Mustang would freeze location immediately after starting (either when directly connected via USB, or when using wireless via Motorola MA1). Tried uninstalling and reinstalling Waze, clearing cache, etc, and nothing worked.

Then my Mustang sat in the garage for a couple weeks while I had COVID and was messing with the Bronco, and it just started working again.

Edit: I just drove her to the dealership to get the rearview camera recall done, and Waze stopped working. Ugh.

JR

Last edited:
OP
OP
ArtieTheOneManParty

ArtieTheOneManParty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I had this happen to me too. The location would freeze in waze. Everything worked bug the GPS location. I found this solution that worked. Maybe it will work for you guys. "I had the same problem on my Ford Fiesta, and disabling location on AA itself (while keeping location enabled on Waze) got me everything working again." On Android apps find the AA app and disabling location fixed and waze start using its location.
This seems to have worked for me so far (2 trips). Thanks for the tip!

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
Hi guys, I'm continuing to have this on again off again, issue when in the Mustang. I've used Waze in several hire cars without issue.
The case I raised with Waze ( 01331469 ) is still open and they have me logging the issue when it occurs but its a laborious process when driving.
I'm going to link them to this thread, as I'm beginning to think its 'Mustang' specific.
Sponsored