Sponsored

Water leak from A- pilar in mustang 2020 convertible. ( Sorry if this is already shared!) I need your advice !

Coolcnd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seun
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt 2020 convertible
Hi, My car is ( i bought it 2 weeks ago , i am the third owner), and it is 2020 Mustang GT convertible with 4900 miles.( still under 36 month/ 36k miles warranty)

Recently, I had hand-car wash( where uses pressure water ) and I noticed water leaks from a- pilar on driver seat.

Friend of mine told me this is destiny of all convertible owners, but I wanna know if there is anything I can claim to ford dealership/ get fixed)
This car has gold -certified warranty as well as recent car inspection paper ( done in June. multi point inspection and it passed all).

KakaoTalk_20220719_112036811.jpg

Well.. since video not working: youtbue linkt for the video:
water leak
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Coolcnd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seun
Vehicle(s)
idk why video doesnt work..

rcengr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
17 Grabber Blue EB Convertible, 2023 Colorado Z71
Mine doesn't leak anywhere, including when I use the pressure washer. And it's 5 years old. I would get the leak checked out. Good luck finding a dealer that understands convertibles.

Lightning

Miss my 93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50th anaversery GT, 2019 Golf R
Vehicle Showcase
Mine leaks very little when washing but only between the window and the weather stripping. AKA=normal for verts.

yours on the other handā€¦..not normal

As rcengr said, good luck finding a dealership to fix this, but I would go to the end of the earth to find one.

White Stallion 11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB Prem Vert w/PP, '20 GT Prem Vert w/PP
Mine doesn't leak anywhere, including when I use the pressure washer. And it's 5 years old. I would get the leak checked out. Good luck finding a dealer that understands convertibles.
I have a '15 and she doesn't leak. I echo his statement about finding a dealer who understands convertibles.

RJ

Sponsored

Ecto1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
I can't see any leak in the pic in the original post. Can't run the video.

If the leak is from the weatherstrip around the side glass you have to learn to live with it. It may be possible to have the body shop try to align the glass but that's hit or miss. They could easily make things worse.

If the leak is from the plastic trim on the A pillar the leak may be from the windshield. My last car had a sealant failure of the windshield sealant. The water rand down the inside of the A pillar plastic trim and on to the floor mat. The dealer found it quickly and had a 3rd party glass technician use a vacuum system to draw in fresh sealant around the glass. It worked great. Just a thought...

OP
OP

Coolcnd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seun
Vehicle(s)
I can't see any leak in the pic in the original post. Can't run the video.

If the leak is from the weatherstrip around the side glass you have to learn to live with it. It may be possible to have the body shop try to align the glass but that's hit or miss. They could easily make things worse.

If the leak is from the plastic trim on the A pillar the leak may be from the windshield. My last car had a sealant failure of the windshield sealant. The water rand down the inside of the A pillar plastic trim and on to the floor mat. The dealer found it quickly and had a 3rd party glass technician use a vacuum system to draw in fresh sealant around the glass. It worked great. Just a thought...
^ I think this is the case, and not sure I am planning to take car to dealership coming week

you can click water leak youtube link to watch the video i posted there. it just dropping water from middle of the a pilar..

OP
OP

Coolcnd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seun
Vehicle(s)
Mine leaks very little when washing but only between the window and the weather stripping. AKA=normal for verts.

yours on the other handā€¦..not normal

As rcengr said, good luck finding a dealership to fix this, but I would go to the end of the earth to find one.
Yeah I hope dealers willing to take care of it too! ty !

OP
OP

Coolcnd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seun
Vehicle(s)
quick update:

I dropped my car at dealership. They agreed to get partner/3rd company who does convertible fix since they do not fix by themselves.
I will give more update when they call me

Sponsored

Lightning

Miss my 93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50th anaversery GT, 2019 Golf R
Vehicle Showcase
quick update:

I dropped my car at dealership. They agreed to get partner/3rd company who does convertible fix since they do not fix by themselves.
I will give more update when they call me
Nice šŸ‘šŸ¾

doesn't surprise me they are outsourcing it. Rare you have a guy in your shop the has that knowledge kicking around Waiting. Hope for the best and yes, an update would be nice. If you donā€™t, Iā€™m sure someone will ask ya for onešŸ˜†

OP
OP

Coolcnd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seun
Vehicle(s)
Nice šŸ‘šŸ¾

doesn't surprise me they are outsourcing it. Rare you have a guy in your shop the has that knowledge kicking around Waiting. Hope for the best and yes, an update would be nice. If you donā€™t, Iā€™m sure someone will ask ya for onešŸ˜†
Yeah hope this would help ppl who has same problem in the future =)

OP
OP

Coolcnd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seun
Vehicle(s)
Sorry for late update!

it took 9 days to ford to fix the roof and now it is sealed properly =)

they didnt ask much and took the car and fix it ! ( under 3 year warranty) at 0 cost

Im happy !
Sponsored