Jpol908

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium 401A Ragtop
Hi all,

I have the Ford Performance Procal on my Ecoboost (2015 Auto, 3.31 gears), along with a DV+ WITH optional spring installed.

Car seems to run well, with boost "kissing" 25psi under full throttle. Boost definitely went up a bit from 21-22psi on just the tune, to the 24-25psi after the DV+. However, the car still feels a bit laggy from a dead stop. Won't even break tires loose on bleach water in Track mode. I haven't had it at a track, but best 0-60 I've seen is 5.6 on the car's track app.

It does still seem a bit slow to spool up the turbo, about a second to spool.

Question is...

1. Is that normal to spool like that?
2. Would a new Wastegate Actuator help?
3. Will said Wastegate Actuator play nice with the Ford tune and DV+?
Sponsored

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
1. Yes, it's normal to have turbo lag on all turbocharged platforms
2. No, nothing will make the turbo spool off idle except for a smaller turbo
3. No, will need a custom tune

OP
OP
Jpol908

Jpol908

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
1. Yes, it's normal to have turbo lag on all turbocharged platforms
2. No, nothing will make the turbo spool off idle except for a smaller turbo
3. No, will need a custom tune
I've had turbocharged vehicles before, actually, my other 2 vehicles are turbo, so I'm familiar with the lag, this just seems a bit more, even more so after the tune.

As far as no real power off the line, any ideas on that? My front wheel drive 1.8T Passat will even smoke the tires if I want. It even seems to spool quicker. Would swapping from the 3.31 to 3.73 gears help with the off the line grunt?

The 5.6 0-60 is really disappointing, especially when it supposedly does 5.1 bone stock.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I would say there is something wrong with your car. Both my 15 and now my 17 stock would easily smoke the tires all the way through 1st gear. Both with tunes (the 17 with the FP tune) will break loose the tires on a hard shift to second.

OP
OP
Jpol908

Jpol908

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
I would say there is something wrong with your car. Both my 15 and now my 17 stock would easily smoke the tires all the way through 1st gear. Both with tunes (the 17 with the FP tune) will break loose the tires on a hard shift to second.

Any clue what the problem may be? There has never been a CEL or code. I did notice a while back that the PCV valve hose had come loose, assuming it got bumped loose while installing the DV+, but i wouldn't think that would make a difference. Heck, never got a CEL with that loose!

Without any code, I know the dealers going to look at me like I'm crazy and tell me there's nothing wrong. Happens every time. No code = nothing's wrong.

Once it's moving, it pulls hard. Just the initial launch that dogs.

I was embarrassed at a big show, they had an area doing bleach water burnouts, and all I got was chirp, chirp, and gone. That was in track mode holding the brake.

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Track mode still has stability control on so if you start to get sideways it will slow the wheels and stop you from going sideways. Instead hold the button down until it says advance track off. That shuts the traction control and all stability control off.
Sponsored