N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
My car is mainly a daily and sits outside when I'm not driving my other car, plus the parking at work has a bunch of trees that just spew pollen and sap everywhere. I normally do a 2 bucket wash, wash the wheels first, wash the body, and then speed run drying before the water air drys - all with wash mit, microfibers, and waffle weave towels.
A touchless car wash is yer only choice. Having a garage is a bonus. Haven't washed my car in a month using this stuff. California duster and all that road dust/pollen comes right off.
354589491_6318059201622325_975576428420830510_n.jpg
Sponsored

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Before I had the setup and option to wash at home (condo before) I would go to one of those car wash places with the individual bays. I would go when it was not busy so that I was not holding someone else up or have the owner giving me dirty looks if on site. Some may even post against hand washing and it will cost you two cycles of paying. I would bring my own mit, bucket, and shampoo but use the car wash for protection from the sun and the initial wash then final rinse after hand washing with my stuff. Again it holds up others so it may not work if your local wash places are always busy. These days I am finding these types of car washes are disappearing for complete drive thru places.

A battery powered blower and a drying aide will also make things much easier in the end.
This is what I always have done when I didn't have the option to do at home. I got a bucket with a gamma seal lid and would mix up my soapy water and put in 3 wash mits that way I could just switch mits rather than rinse them out. Now I have a pump up foaming sprayer I can mix my pre foam mix in and foam the car down after the initial rinse off. Then do the final rinse one more time after the hand wash. Only requires 2 rounds of quarters at that point. Pull out after the final rinse, blow off, drying aid and wipe down. Easy peasy. Then dump the bucket, put all the dirty stuff in, lid on and haul it all home to finish cleaning up the tools.

CBETPTA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Ditto for the early AM or late PM wash. Ditto also to the portable canopy, you can pick them up fairly cheap. I always keep a pump spray bottle of distilled water for my final rinse and do each panel with that and P&S bead maker. I don’t get the high temps you do, but that combination has worked for me.
Sponsored