Sponsored

Want a '15 - but dealer won't take my '13 on trade due to recall - HELP!

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
Ford cannot sell a car with a open recall. Also- they cannot sell a car with a open recall at a dealer auction.
Well a dealer might be able to sell it but it would include "as is"
There were a few members on here who can't even take delivery of their EBs because of the current recall. They purchased the car, but now it is just sitting at the dealer because of the open recall.
Sponsored

Arrowsigns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadi-Mustang-Silvarado-
There were a few members on here who can't even take delivery of their EBs because of the current recall. They purchased the car, but now it is just sitting at the dealer because of the open recall.
Jeez that's a bummer.

Buzzard Bait

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I just traded my 2014 GT in on a 2015 GT June 10th with no problem. The recall never even came up during the process. And now the 2014 GT is sitting on their used car lot for sale, lol.

Sponsored

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
NJ does not give you tax credit on trade. You are taxed on the purchase price of the vehicle.
Same in CA. ID is more generous, you get the trade-in credit.

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
Unfortunately private sale really is your only option right now.

No dealer can sell the car - it will likely be many years until all the Takata airbags are replaced. This has become a huge, huge mess. They don't want the risk of taking a car in that they may not be able to sell for a year+ and you don't want to lose your car for auction prices.

SkapeGote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
1997 f150
It does suck, but I'm not in NJ. 4% tax on auto sales in VA here. It used to be 3% 2-years ago :headbonk:
Lol. I live in London, in Ontario Canada. New vehicle tax is 14%. 3% sounds fair to me.

Skape

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Lol. I live in London, in Ontario Canada. New vehicle tax is 14%. 3% sounds fair to me.

Skape

Dat Universal health care doe'. :headbonk:

Sponsored

MichaelKael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maggie, beautiful ´15 Cyclone Mustang 51A Magnetic

Skape
Gatineau, Quebec, Canada : 14,975%
Anybody says more ?! Lol

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
People say they can't sell them but they are for sale at ford dealers across the USA. My neighbors son just bought a 13' yesterday at a local ford dealer.

Codog23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
NJ does give you a credit. They subtract the trade in value and tax you only on the difference. If the new car is 40k and trade in is 20k, you only get taxed on 20k! It's a huge benefit. I saved 1540 in taxes on my trade in when I bought the 15. I've lived in NJ my whole life and it has always been this way.

OP
OP
flubyu

flubyu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The response already to my initial posting is overwhelming. My next step is to call around local dealers and see if this is the case everywhere. Sadly, the one I am currently working with is one my family has always gone to, my father and I have been employed at, and has always been a close second family. I want to take them at their word, but to be locked out of the car market essentially by Ford for a recall is ridiculous.

As for Carmax, they will be my next step after the local dealer search. The closest one is about 2 hours from me and they offer no tax savings for NJ from what I have been able to find.

I appreciate the support all. Keep it coming!

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
selling it privately would probably make up the tax credit and then some. i always prefer to sell privately myself. i got about 1500 more privately vs trade + tax credit on my 2011 WRX when i bought my GTPP in november.
Sponsored