Walk me through the costs of getting a beefcake special paxton supercharger kit?

Discussion in 'Forced Induction - 5.0L V8 Engine' started by clevernickname, Nov 20, 2018.

1. clevernickname

clevernickname Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
    0   0   0
    #1 clevernickname, Nov 20, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
    I might be getting one 2019 black friday for when my powertrain warranty is up in Feb 2020. I have a few questions/concerns and have never modded an engine before (i'm not doing it myself obviously but my knowledge is lacking). This it not for track, just street use.

1) Canada doesn't have e85, is it still worth it?

2) is beefcakes paxton special different from (for example) a lethal performance paxton supercharger kit?

3) I read a lot of threads of those 750-800hp mustang specials that came with a supercharger stock from the dealer (roush or whoever) and people were saying it was too much power since nothing else was upgraded and the car wasn't able to handle it either. Were those superchargers just bare bones vs the kits we buy?

4) What tires should I be running, drag radials pretty much? I work from home and don't drive in rain/winter so it's more about cost than drivability in bad conditions.

5) https://www.teambeefcakeracing.com/bfspec2015paxton2200sl.html - what options should be getting for my purpose (spirited driving, spotlight racing).

6) What other things aside from tires do I NEED to upgrade for the car to handle the supercharger?

7) Does paxton offer warranty?

8) Ballpark figure of how likely it is for the engine to explode or something else catastrophically fail because of the supercharger?

9) Does this supercharger make the "whining sound" that I hear a lot with dodge superchargers? Is there a way to do that or too expensive for what it does (just sound)

10) Ballpark quarter mile time if I only have 94 octane at best?

11) Ballpark 0-60 time?

12) How much would it be to get an aftermarket launch control (non-pp, no launch control stock) with the supercharger?

13) How much should installation cost?

14) It's around $5550 right now on beefcake "on sale". Will 15% be taken off in addition to that?

15) Is that paxton supercharger kit the best one for me (that I linked above) I assume the 900hp for an extra $300 won't add much or I'll have trouble putting it down anyway?

16) Does paxton have any emblems/stickers? I might add a supercharger sticker somewhere but couldn't find any.

17) Does this kit change redline and do most people get a different speedometer to reflect that?

Thanks in advance.

2. cdq85

cdq85 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 GT Boostey Pants
    0   0   0
    It's crazy that none of this has been answered on the forum already.

gimmie11s, Williamfvc and Zinc03svt like this.
  3. OP
    OP
    clevernickname

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
    0   0   0
    I've gotten lots of help in the past by...asking questions. Sorry that bothers you :)

4. 10r80

10r80 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 GT
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    Or you could call them

gimmie11s and Zinc03svt like this.
  5. cdq85

cdq85 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 GT Boostey Pants
    0   0   0
    All of the help you are asking for....has already been answered.

6. OP
    OP
    clevernickname

Vehicle(s):
    0   0   0
    Dang, so everytime you see a question that you've seen the answer to, you post this? I don't..have an archival knowledge of every question asked here nor is the search function the best, but I kinda feel sorry for you that you have to go out of your way to post this kind of stuff. Best of luck to you!

7. kcc0521

kcc0521 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Bo
    Vehicle(s):
    2015 Black GT PP
    Rating:
    100%
    2   0   0
    1) Canada doesn't have e85, is it still worth it? Yes if you want to go faster

2) is beefcakes paxton special different from (for example) a lethal performance paxton supercharger kit? beefcake is the leading vendor for vortech/Paxton and he will not steer you wrong. Also lots of them used forsale as well for 4ish

3) I read a lot of threads of those 750-800hp mustang specials that came with a supercharger stock from the dealer (roush or whoever) and people were saying it was too much power since nothing else was upgraded and the car wasn't able to handle it either. Were those superchargers just bare bones vs the kits we buy? If your car is a stick and you race it on sticky tires you may have clutch and trans issues

4) What tires should I be running, drag radials pretty much? I work from home and don't drive in rain/winter so it's more about cost than drivability in bad conditions. Car will need good tires to be useful below third gear

5) https://www.teambeefcakeracing.com/bfspec2015paxton2200sl.html - what options should be getting for my purpose (spirited driving, spotlight racing). I would go with the oilfed unit (JT) for mor groth potential and the BV57 BOV.

6) What other things aside from tires do I NEED to upgrade for the car to handle the supercharger? Clutch/transmission but it will be ok if you don't beat it too hard from a dead stop

7) Does paxton offer warranty? Yes but it is not a good one

8) Ballpark figure of how likely it is for the engine to explode or something else catastrophically fail because of the supercharger? Depends on the tune, driver and pulley. On a 3.6 pulley with a safe tune it should be fine

9) Does this supercharger make the "whining sound" that I hear a lot with dodge superchargers? Is there a way to do that or too expensive for what it does (just sound) No but they do offer loud gear option. You might want to go with a whipple. Beefcake sells that as well

10) Ballpark quarter mile time if I only have 94 octane at best? If your car was an auto mid tens. With a stick low 11s at 130ish

11) Ballpark 0-60 time? no idea

12) How much would it be to get an aftermarket launch control (non-pp, no launch control stock) with the supercharger? Should be able to add it with forscan. Look at asbuilt thread in DIY section

13) How much should installation cost? 1000ish

14) It's around $5550 right now on beefcake "on sale". Will 15% be taken off in addition to that? ask beefcake

15) Is that paxton supercharger kit the best one for me (that I linked above) I assume the 900hp for an extra $300 won't add much or I'll have trouble putting it down anyway? JT trim or whipple

16) Does paxton have any emblems/stickers? I might add a supercharger sticker somewhere but couldn't find any. yes

17) Does this kit change redline and do most people get a different speedometer to reflect that? Yes and no

clevernickname likes this.
  8. rum_punch_ruby

rum_punch_ruby Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2017 GT Premium, Performance Pack, Recaros
    Garage Profiles:
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    I would PM beefcake directly. he was great in answering my questions about the same setup a couple weeks ago. unfortunately I am pushing it back a year to around the same time you'll be buying

9. Zelek

Zelek Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle(s):
    2017 Mustang GT Premium PP, 2018 Honda Accord Touring 2.0T
    Rating:
    100%
    2   0   0
    The Beefcake Specials are not an additional 15% off. They're already marked down. The 15% off only applies to the complete systems and tuner kits. The best deal on there is probably the 900 HP combo with the BV57 valve and the Paxton 2200SL unit.

10. smann

smann Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 GT PP
    0   0   0
    From a Canadian owner who did not mod my car before this one and pretty much in the same boat as you.
    I had like a shit load of questions too but then I went for a ride in a blown s550.. All the convincing i needed lmao

If you got the money, pull the trigger and think later. That's what I did and honestly do not regret that decision at all!

clevernickname likes this.
  11. beefcake

beefcake Well-Known Member
    Diamond Sponsor

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Ford Mustang
    Rating:
    100%
    4   0   0
    the nice thing is, i am personally available as the owner, by cell 8-10 seven days a week, if i don't answer, i'll usually call ya back pretty quick. feel free to give me a ring with any questions you have, 513-478-1965! I eat, breathe, sleep, supercharging :)

12. beefcake

beefcake Well-Known Member
    Diamond Sponsor

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Ford Mustang
    Rating:
    100%
    4   0   0
    hope that helps some

13. OP
    OP
    clevernickname

Vehicle(s):
    0   0   0
    #13 clevernickname, Nov 20, 2018
    Thanks for the answers.

I may be mistaken, but wasn't lethalperformance running a 15% off paxton and their msrp is $5543? Or did they change their price for black friday or something so it'd be the same??

And your other post indicated 15% off paxton SC but I guess not on already "on sale" ones. But every SC is already on sale, so is this code not actually for anything?

edit: maybe i'm missing something though, cause whenever I click on regular 2015-2017 superchargers, the url includes black friday items.

edit 2: nvm..sort of - LP says it's only for paxton specific kits, not custom kits. i didn't know there was a difference -_-

14. OP
    OP
    clevernickname

Vehicle(s):
    0   0   0
    #14 clevernickname, Nov 20, 2018
    Oh, what are the complete systems and tuner kits? Do you have a link? Curious what the 15% off is for exactly.

And is it worth it to get a complete system/tuner kit to get the 15% off and add supporting mods to make it close to the beefcake special, or would that be more expensive still.

15. Jay-rod427

Jay-rod427 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 GT C/S
    Rating:
    100%
    2   0   0
    Step 1: Take credit card out of wallet. 2: Call Terry. 3: Wait for the brown box santa to deliver. 4: Have said goods installed. 5: Let er rip!

Aubrey, Mike P, cobra199711 and 2 others like this.
  16. ENPhoto

ENPhoto Hoonigan

First Name:
    Erik
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 Mustang Gt Premium Performance Pack
    0   0   0
    One thing that maybe hasn't been looked at ..

Check your shipping rate and brokerage fees. UPS likes to give a nice bill a week after delivery.

Sometimes, it can be cheaper in the long run to go through places like mustangshop.ca or Western Motorsports in Calgary.

17. OP
    OP
    clevernickname

Vehicle(s):
    0   0   0
    Oh I'm good there. i have family just across the border. I'll probably try to get it installed in the US too..

18. Torinate

Torinate Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 GT Convertible
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    Get hooked up with Lou Barone. He deals with Terry often and brings everything back himself. He’ll deliver or drop off or meet you as well. Great guy! Trustworthy and honest.

Buzz me if you need contact info.

19. smann

smann Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 GT PP
    0   0   0
    OP is in BC! Lol

20. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2017 LB GT 400A
    0   0   0
    Get the system Terry described. More stuff at a savings.

I did the 2200SL with the BV57, 3.6 pulley, ID1050s and a Vortech BAP, JLT intake. Lund tuned it, also bought an nGauge. Car is pretty wicked on 93. Perhaps not the fastest out there, but for the street... PLENTY.

Car runs and drives like stock when you want, other than the continual "vacuum leak" sound from the BV57.

Don't worry TOO much about breaking parts, there's no traction available!

If you're at all mechanically inclined and have access to tools, you can install it yourself. It's not a difficult installation at all, in my opinion. Took me about 10-11 hours total.

Head unit has a 1 year warranty, you can bump it to 3 by mailing Paxton a form and a check for $50.

Zinc03svt likes this.