Reaction score
750 S. Eastcoast St, Lake Worth Fl. 33460
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
UPR 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I looked for the 5045-24 part number on the UPR website, but it did not come up. Did you mean to say the P/n was 5045-01 ? That one is non adjustable will that work the same ?
Sorry, you need to go to the 5045-01 and select the 5045-24 in the drop down menu.

Joe@UPR
Sponsored

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
This thread is getting weirder by the minute. Now there's discussion of plasma sprayed cylinder linings arriving in 2018. My 2008 BMW M3 had them and my 2011 Mustang GT (Coyote) had them. They've been in the Coyote and derivatives for more than a decade. The claim was and still is that you get the durability of an iron block combined with the weight of an aluminum block.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
This thread is getting weirder by the minute. Now there's discussion of plasma sprayed cylinder linings arriving in 2018. My 2008 BMW M3 had them and my 2011 Mustang GT (Coyote) had them. They've been in the Coyote and derivatives for more than a decade. The claim was and still is that you get the durability of an iron block combined with the weight of an aluminum block.
Hello; Back in 2019 I was considering a new F-150. I would have left the oil consumption reports as internet gossip until i found the Ford TSB I linked a few posts ago. I understand the plasma process of lining cylinders was in use by ford for some years in what might be considered special engines.

Then at some point the plasma lined V8's were in Mustangs. Apparently in 2018 they went into F-150's. I can only speculate. Very likely many more engines were used in the pickups so perhaps the larger numbers revealed the issues. I did try to find out but ford was not talking. Likely still not talking. So we consumers are left to ferret out what information we can.
I have read many threads and talked to owners. Some folks have no oil burning to speak of. Some have bad oil burning. Luck of the draw perhaps. If you are among the fortunate, then good for you. Such does not apply to all.

Gray Stang66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ruben
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Sorry, you need to go to the 5045-01 and select the 5045-24 in the drop down menu.

Joe@UPR
thanks. I have a 2022 GT with no catch can and N/A. The web site also shows p/n 5045-26 (adjustable PCV w/integral check valve). So which is the correct one for my application? So does that mean the 5045-24 works without a check valve. I believe the OEM PCV has a check valve. The website is kind of confusing and I just want to make sure I get the right one and don't have any problems.

Also with the 5045-24 the web site states that " Designed to control oil consumption and improve combustion and provides a fix for any 5.0 engine that experiencing oil consumption problems." If it does not reduce oil consumption can I return it?

Sponsored

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
750 S. Eastcoast St, Lake Worth Fl. 33460
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
UPR 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
thanks. I have a 2022 GT with no catch can and N/A. The web site also shows p/n 5045-26 (adjustable PCV w/integral check valve). So which is the correct one for my application? So does that mean the 5045-24 works without a check valve. I believe the OEM PCV has a check valve. The website is kind of confusing and I just want to make sure I get the right one and don't have any problems.

Also with the 5045-24 the web site states that " Designed to control oil consumption and improve combustion and provides a fix for any 5.0 engine that experiencing oil consumption problems." If it does not reduce oil consumption can I return it?
The 5045-24 is the correct UPR Adjustable PCV Valve for your application and it will reduce oil consumption overall. We stand behind our products and you can be sure as that it will help with oil consumption.

You will start with the second-to-smallest jet, and if your engine has excessive oil consumption than normal, you will then go to the smallest jet. It is not common to have to go to the smallest jet, as very few customers have had engines with that much of an oil control issue.

Joe@UPR

Gray Stang66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ruben
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The 5045-24 is the correct UPR Adjustable PCV Valve for your application and it will reduce oil consumption overall. We stand behind our products and you can be sure as that it will help with oil consumption.

You will start with the second-to-smallest jet, and if your engine has excessive oil consumption than normal, you will then go to the smallest jet. It is not common to have to go to the smallest jet, as very few customers have had engines with that much of an oil control issue.

Joe@UPR
ok thanks

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I'm just happy my replacement engine on my 2017 now after 2000 miles hasn't burned anything by the mark on the dipstick 🤞. Already has saved me the cost of 4 quarts of oil!

NPTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
Several credible folks I spoke with when hunting for my car told me about the importance of religiously following proper break in procedure for this car and the material impact that had on oil consumption. Said it can be the difference between a car that sips or chugs it, and many folks just treated the break in on these special engines as just any other car, and that’s one of the reasons why we see so much variation on consumption across same model years…I myself would have a hard time keeping temptation at bay for 1K miles, and also finding the spare time to properly see it through…but hugely important nonetheless. Hearsay, but sounded reasonable to me!
Sponsored