Sponsored

Vinyl Wrap Closest to Ruby Red

RoninRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Prem. (PP) Magnetic
I'm looking to do some wrapping but only recently decided I want it done in RR. Does anyone know of a Vivvid, 3m, or Avery vinyl color that matches this?

Runners up are Satin Chrome Red and Chrome Red
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
3M Gloss Fiery Orange always fools me for a way over-saturated red. Example.

tza888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ruby Red GT
I bought samples every red that I thought was close to RR. This is them laid out on the hood. 3M Gloss Cinder Spark Red is the one in the middle.
1525360032.20161017_171406-1612x1209.jpg

OP
OP
RoninRed

RoninRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3M Gloss Fiery Orange always fools me for a way over-saturated red. Example.
I clicked on the example but it didn't pull up. I googled it and its more of a sunburnt orange IMO but I do like that color. If I had an orange mustang I would definitely be using that

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Not trying to be rude here, but if I were to spend the money to wrap an entire car, the last color I'd pick would be a factory color paint match.

But I have seen color matched vinyl advertised. I first saw it mentioned when I watched an AMMO NYC video where Larry used it to fill rock chips, and it was impressively close. You can buy it by the roll, and it's a bit more expensive than most standard automotive vinyls.

https://www.colorxlabs.com/products/color-match-wrap-vehicle-wrap-that-matches-oem-paint-color

Sponsored

OP
OP
RoninRed

RoninRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not trying to be rude here, but if I were to spend the money to wrap an entire car, the last color I'd pick would be a factory color paint match.

But I have seen color matched vinyl advertised. I first saw it mentioned when I watched an AMMO NYC video where Larry used it to fill rock chips, and it was impressively close. You can buy it by the roll, and it's a bit more expensive than most standard automotive vinyls.

https://www.colorxlabs.com/products/color-match-wrap-vehicle-wrap-that-matches-oem-paint-color
Well my car is Magnetic, but I have RR accents on the exterior and engine bay I’m adding. I bought this color and satin red chrome to see which looks better to me. I plan to use this wrap for the dash only or maybe the chrome parts. I’ll post a picture when I finally get around to doing it. Thanks for the tip about colorlabs!

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Well my car is Magnetic, but I have RR accents on the exterior and engine bay I’m adding. I bought this color and satin red chrome to see which looks better to me. I plan to use this wrap for the dash only or maybe the chrome parts. I’ll post a picture when I finally get around to doing it. Thanks for the tip about colorlabs!
Ahh, I see. That makes sense. I made the bold assumption that you were going to wrap the whole car. :headbonk:

Good luck with your wrapping project.
Sponsored