Sponsored

Viking Warrior Front Coilover install questions

baevid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So these came in today and I wanted to make sure everything was put together correctly before I tighten it down since the Viking instructions aren't extremely descriptive with pictures.

Is this the correct assembly if I am using BMR Camber Plates, am I suppose to use a spacer right below the camber plate? Once I tighten down the top strut nut... am I rotating the entire assembly up to get the sway bar mount to the same position as the stock strut?

2zf4spg.jpg
Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
You need just enough spacer to clear the BMR plates.

If you have leftover, place them on the top side under the main nut.

Once tight, pull the plate up to extend the shock completely, then run the spring up until there is tension on the spring. Measure the distance from the black lower mount, to the lower spring perch and make them match side to side (pass side vs driver side)

As for the sway bar mount, you can match the stock position or you can get everything installed and then adjust accordingly to remove preload / lower the mount to make the sway bar as parallel to the ground as possible.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Here is a pic of mine for reference. I also ran 300s.

If you want to call tomorrow to discuss, dont hesitate.
Screenshot_20180430-225403.jpg

OP
OP

baevid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Awesome... didn't realize I had to pull to extend the shock completely. Now it makes sense to me. I went ahead and installed the spacers above and below the plates too.

Will throw on some anti-seize and start the install tomorrow after work but I'll need to get the bump stops off the old struts. Thanks Kelly!

24e9oid.jpg
Sponsored