Vicrez GT 500 Hood and Cervinis GT500 Hood Problems with Fit

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Hi. I am now in the process of installing my Cervinis GT500 Hood and Vicrez GT500 Bumper and lower splitter.
1: The Vicrez Front Bumper and the Hood has a large gap
2: The Hood Left and Right aft corners do not fit and has large gaps which will have to be fiberglassed to fit.
Not the quality I was expecting from Cervinis. I will contact them to see if they will reimburse me for the extra labor to add fiberglass to the hood. I will post if they back up their products.
Doug

Hood Bumper 1.jpg

Hood 2.jpg

Hood 1.jpg
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
With regards to the Cervinis part - they are a great Co and I’m sure they will review your findings.

The question I would have for them is this:
Was there a casting issue when that hood was released from their mold, which causes the variances seen in your images.

The other question would be:
Due to the 2018+ factory revisions to the entire front end, when comparing to the 2015-2017 front fenders - did that curvature at the rear top portion of the fenders where it meets the base of the windshield change due to the 2018+ refresh? If it did, and this is merely a guess - but it’s entirely possible that Cervinis mold needs to be adjusted for any slight changes at the rear of the hood where it would meet the fenders and base of windshield on a 2015-2017 or 2018+.

It’s also to be understood that ANY re-popped part from Aftermarket Vendor XYZ, be it urethane, fiberglass, carbon fiber OR metal will always need adjustments and finishing to fit like the original OEM part. This, regardless of how excellent of a Company or Quality of part produced is to be expected as an added expense to the buyer as far as prep and final finishing costs. These aftermarket parts never fit 100% on the first attempt - not to mention the molds used aren’t the exact same dies and tooling built to Ford specs....

You are also installing and mixing (2) new aftermarket parts - at this time, there’s no way to tell which part is the culprit in not fitting properly to your expectations. I would have left the stock hood - installed the new front bumper and made sure the bumper could be fitted and adjusted FIRST - before adding the hood. Once you get the bumper install worked out and it fits to your liking, then add the hood. Then you can really see how far off the hood may be, already knowing you fitted the bumper that matched up to the stock hood without issues.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
With regards to the Cervinis part - they are a great Co and I’m sure they will review your findings.

The question I would have for them is this:
Was there a casting issue when that hood was released from their mold, which causes the variances seen in your images.

The other question would be:
Due to the 2018+ factory revisions to the entire front end, when comparing to the 2015-2017 front fenders - did that curvature at the rear top portion of the fenders where it meets the base of the windshield change due to the 2018+ refresh? If it did, and this is merely a guess - but it’s entirely possible that Cervinis mold needs to be adjusted for any slight changes at the rear of the hood where it would meet the fenders and base of windshield on a 2015-2017 or 2018+.

It’s also to be understood that ANY re-popped part from Aftermarket Vendor XYZ, be it urethane, fiberglass, carbon fiber OR metal will always need adjustments and finishing to fit like the original OEM part. This, regardless of how excellent of a Company or Quality of part produced is to be expected as an added expense to the buyer as far as prep and final finishing costs. These aftermarket parts never fit 100% on the first attempt - not to mention the molds used aren’t the exact same dies and tooling built to Ford specs....

You are also installing and mixing (2) new aftermarket parts - at this time, there’s no way to tell which part is the culprit in not fitting properly to your expectations. I would have left the stock hood - installed the new front bumper and made sure the bumper could be fitted and adjusted FIRST - before adding the hood. Once you get the bumper install worked out and it fits to your liking, then add the hood. Then you can really see how far off the hood may be, already knowing you fitted the bumper that matched up to the stock hood without issues.
The problem is the hood, not the Vicrez Bumper. The hood is longer in the front and just molded wrong on the upper rear corners where it allighns with my OEM Fenders.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
The problem is the hood, not the Vicrez Bumper. The hood is longer in the front and just molded wrong on the upper rear corners where it allighns with my OEM Fenders.
I understand you're in a bit of a pickle, but you've got to call the manufacturer, send them the pics, and discuss the situation with them.

No one here can do anything for you.

JakeLethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Hi. I am now in the process of installing my Cervinis GT500 Hood and Vicrez GT500 Bumper and lower splitter.
1: The Vicrez Front Bumper and the Hood has a large gap
2: The Hood Left and Right aft corners do not fit and has large gaps which will have to be fiberglassed to fit.
Not the quality I was expecting from Cervinis. I will contact them to see if they will reimburse me for the extra labor to add fiberglass to the hood. I will post if they back up their products.
Doug

Hood Bumper 1.jpg

Hood 2.jpg

Hood 1.jpg

Where did you order the hood from? Directly from Cervinis?

Sponsored

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
Had no significant issues with fitment on mine

20201007_214449.jpg

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I understand you're in a bit of a pickle, but you've got to call the manufacturer, send them the pics, and discuss the situation with them.

No one here can do anything for you.
I contacted them last night. I will call them today and ask if they want the hood sent back and for them to send me another one, or do they want to pay to have this one modified to fit.
Sponsored