Sponsored

vibration when braking above 50MPH

dmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
I'm getting significant vibration when braking above 50MPH. It's smooth below that. I read another post on this stating that the pad and rotors where replaced. The OP stated his rotors were warped.

Is there a chance that the rotors are not warped and it's just residue from the stock pads? If so, what's an easy way to fix? Could aggressive track pads cut the residue off without sanding?
Sponsored

Stng50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Id say it's warped rotors if nothing has been changed just before the vibration started

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase
I'm getting significant vibration when braking above 50MPH. It's smooth below that. I read another post on this stating that the pad and rotors where replaced. The OP stated his rotors were warped.

Is there a chance that the rotors are not warped and it's just residue from the stock pads? If so, what's an easy way to fix? Could aggressive track pads cut the residue off without sanding?

Rotors hardly ever warp on street cars, it’s usually build up, improperly bedded pads, loose lugs, crap under the hat, etc.
If your pads are still good, take them off and push them back and forth flat on a piece of sand paper or on concrete until the surface looks new, put them back on and test drive.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
If you have less than 7000 miles you are covered under warranty. Mine started it at 5000 miles and it was replaced with a new rotors. 2015 GT.
Sponsored