OP

hardr3set

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Im with TheRealMattLex, sounds like you have a couple of things going on.

If the vibration is worse when changing gear, there is an issue tied to your engine speed or possibly transmission.

That said, you may well have a misfire and small vacuum leak along with something simple like an unbalanced wheel. When multiple failures/weaknesses are put together it sometimes makes it hard to diagnose. Occam's Razor and such.

Misfire at lower engine speed is going to be more noticeable.

The car needs to be gone through by someone with a solid knowledge base and some data points need to be collected.

If you're getting wonky cam/crank readings I would suspect the VVT solenoids and possibly cam phasers.

Fwiw, I had a new fiesta that would sometimes stall at red lights after filling up with fuel. I didn't have the car long and never bothered getting it fixed, but the dealer stated it was very likely an evap issue.

How is the vibration in neutral at highway speed vs 6th?
In neutral at high way speed notable in steering wheel, pedal, floors and chair, if in 6th gear much more profound.
Sponsored

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Id try a tankful of 93 maybe it gas quality related

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
I have a 2016 Mustang GT with an x pipe delete and roush mufflers. Previous owner did that. Iā€™ve had issues going 65-80mph and up I have shaking in the pedal and in the wheel as well as car itself. Engine sometimes stalls when in neutral at red lights as well. Sometimes have issues with idle. Not sure what to do here. Had a place try to diagnose and they assumed cam timing or dual mass flywheel. Havenā€™t gone anywhere else yet and was hoping someone could help me out! Has anyone else had this or experienced this? On inspection drive shaft and rear dif are good.
Have your wheels balanced
Check fuel pressure
check for loose/poor grounds like the negative terminal on the battery, main engine ground at the strut tower etc.
Have the alternator and battery tested
-your car doesn't have a dual mass flywheel

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Have your wheels balanced
Check fuel pressure
check for loose/poor grounds like the negative terminal on the battery, main engine ground at the strut tower etc.
Have the alternator and battery tested
-your car doesn't have a dual mass flywheel
Autozon will check charging system for free

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
How long have you owned this car? Has it always acted this way, or, are these new issues?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Where in Ohio are you?
Sponsored