Website
www.jerryallgire.com
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Ecoboost - Pre-Production #280 Product Planning & Styling Vehicle
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

I've owned my Mustang for a year now. I've noticed a few things that make me wonder just how early it was built in relative to other 2015 Mustangs.

My vin is 299280 which is below the 300000 number that I usually see referred to as the starting number for 2015 S550's.

My EB engine appears to have been built 01/23/2014.

My car's build date is 05/14 based on the door jam sticker.

The Lincoln dealer told me there is a code on the window sticker that indicates it was a Ford exec car.

The car was never titled until 02/2016.

I've got 55K miles on her so far. Just wondering if all these things make it a really early car and if there is anything special about it. I figured if anyone would know, they'd be on this forum.

Jerry
IMG_20170522_175218747.jpg
IMG_20170522_175233691.jpg
Sponsored

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
Ford execs don't keep a car that long. Ford at one time had what was called the"B" lot with returned exec cars and never so one that long in service.

Most likely was a rental that Ford leased to Avis or one of the rental car companies. Rental agencies get early production vehicle so that problems can be spotted early. Those cars are not titled until they are purchased by a consumer.

OP
OP
RedEcoJet

RedEcoJet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jerryallgire.com
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It did have 13K miles on it when I purchased from the Lincoln dealer.

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
He never said how many miles where on it or where it came from.
Said that the car wasn't titled until Feb of 2016 and built in May of 2014. Execs don't keep cars that many months. Depending where you are in the Ford food chain, it could be 3 or 6 months, but not 18.

Sponsored

SDEcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Convertible
I have an early build EB. Built in Oct 2014, purchased new in Nov 2014. My VIN starts with 31000. Its' Blend Date was Oct 10, 2014. My engine appears to have been built 22 Jul 2014.
I do not have a 50 State emissions car, according the labels under the hood. Not for sale or use in California or the other 30+ states using Cali standards. Interesting information on your EB. Love a mystery.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Run an OASIS report, it may have more information.

Back in the 90's I purchased a low mileage 92 black GT, loaded with all options (leather, sunroof, all power, etc) it even had the rare EQ option for stereo. It had to go to Ford for a recall and when it did, I asked them to run an OASIS on it. Come to find out by the OASIS report header info, it listed the original selling Dealer, dates, and the owner prior to me had registered the car under his Landscaping firm business - not himself (this was available on the OASIS).

Sure, it's not a Ford Employee or Exec by no means, but sometimes the OASIS sheds light on other details not found through other means.

Also Ford Dealership Owners also get early cars to use and display at their dealerships so it could have been owned/used by a Ford Franchise Dealer for personal use, then turned back into the "pool". In the 50's-60's such cars distributed to and driven by actual Ford Exec's in Detroit were actually tagged with brass serial ID's. There's been great documentation about this on the web and over the last few years, quite a few 60's Mustangs have been found with the hidden brass tag still in place.

hmperf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Holman Moody Mustang
Also Ford Dealership Owners also get early cars to use and display at their dealerships so it could have been owned/used by a Ford Franchise Dealer for personal use, then turned back into the "pool". In the 50's-60's such cars distributed to and driven by actual Ford Exec's in Detroit were actually tagged with brass serial ID's. There's been great documentation about this on the web and over the last few years, quite a few 60's Mustangs have been found with the hidden brass tag still in place.
Interesting. I just did a quick google search on this and didnt find anything. Any links?

pmr2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback, 1975 Corvette Coupe
If it was a rental shouldn't it have been titled and show up as "fleet" on the carfax?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Sponsored
OP
OP
RedEcoJet

RedEcoJet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jerryallgire.com
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I did find an American Express receipt under the spare tire. Dated April 30, 2015. Name on it was Shane Schulze. Google says: Senior High Voltage System Test Engineer at Ford Motor Company.

Interesting... maybe he rented it.

S922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something slow
What is your VIN? I may be able to dig up some info.

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
Mine has a build date of 10/28/2014 - I purchased on 08/21/2015 with 415 miles on the ODO...it was originally shipped to a dealer in Philadelphia PA...I bought it in Houston TX, and it had been transferred into my dealer from ANOTHER dealer in Houston...There was some hand written notes in the owner's manual, but never titled...also, a few small dents on top, that I didn't notice until about three weeks in, but were most likely there upon delivery...who knows, I think somebody bought it, and the deal wouldn't go through and they had to give it back...maybe multiple people...hard to say...knock on wood, car has been fantastic for 50,000 miles.

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Wow 55k miles after 1 year. That's a lot of driving lol.
Ive had mine for 2 years and 2 months and only have 16k lol.

OP
OP
RedEcoJet

RedEcoJet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jerryallgire.com
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wow 55k miles after 1 year. That's a lot of driving lol.
Ive had mine for 2 years and 2 months and only have 16k lol.
Yup, our first trip was from Ohio to Las Vegas and back about two weeks after buying. I think it was about 4,600 miles if I remember right. :D Then we've driven it all winter going to cat shows every weekend all over middle & eastern America. My wife breeds & shows Tonkinese cats (Tonks).
Sponsored