Sponsored

"Venom Kills Demons" - Jim Owens (Ford Performance Marketing Manager)

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
The Ford GT weighs about 3050lbs. A 918 weighs 3600lbs+. The Ford GT is faster or matches (depending on track) that of a 918. Additionally, people seem to get wrapped up in the "V6" engine when the reality is that a twin turbo V6 engine installation in the GT weighs about the same as a V8 if not more.
I suggest you do some fact checking first.

The GT weighs 3354 curb weight.
Sponsored

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Dry weight is 3054# FWIW.

;)
Look I truly respect you so I donā€™t want to get into a debate, but why would you use dry weight?

Iā€™ll bow out of this useless argument by putting these here:

720S - 2829 dry

Pista - 2821 dry

Huracan performante - roughly 3050 per Lamborghini. Thatā€™s a V10 and an aluminum monocoque.

Nice job Ford??

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Look I truly respect you so I donā€™t want to get into a debate, but why would you use dry weight?

Iā€™ll bow out of this useless argument by putting these here:

720S - 2829 dry

Pista - 2821 dry

Huracan performante - roughly 3050 per Lamborghini. Thatā€™s a V10 and an aluminum monocoque.

Nice job Ford??
With all due respect the only reason that I mentioned a dry weight was because I don't know what the curb weight is for a Ford GT?

Certainly curb weight is what we have to go with and if you suggest another ~300# for curb weight and it is accurate weight then so be it.

:cheers:

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Damn good read . If I ever hit the lottery that's the car I am getting .

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
:lol:

ā€œBecause itā€™s so low and so lightā€”claimed dry weight is just over 3,050 poundsā€”the GT is stupendously good on the change of direction, arguably better than pretty much any other supercar in the business.ā€ MT

But if you go here:

http://www.motortrend.ca/en/news/2017-ford-gt-first-test-review/

3354 curb weight.

Fun fact perhaps you donā€™t know: Magazines never hook up their test equipment on first drives, itā€™s always reserved for the first test. That said, in MTs first drive article that you cherry picked and didnā€™t actually read, they used Fordā€™s dry weight as their curb because they didnā€™t weigh it.

Curb means a vehicle as it appears driving on the road included ALL fluids. In the GTs case it includes oil, gas, washer fluid, diff oils, transmission oil, all active aero hydraulic oils too. This also would include dry sump storage on some cars.

So, I didnā€™t once discredit the GT for being awesome, because it is, but ford dropped the ball In many aspects and the competition is walking them. Iā€™ve heard the GT is more visceral, so thereā€™s that.

Last edited:

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP

ā€œBecause itā€™s so low and so lightā€”claimed dry weight is just over 3,050 poundsā€”the GT is stupendously good on the change of direction, arguably better than pretty much any other supercar in the business.ā€ MT

But if you go here:

3354 curb weight.

Fun fact perhaps you donā€™t know: Magazines never hook up their test equipment on first drives, itā€™s always reserved for the first test. That said, in MTs first drive article that you cherry picked and didnā€™t actually read, they used Fordā€™s dry weight as their curb because they didnā€™t weigh it.

Curb means a vehicle as it appears driving on the road included ALL fluids. In the GTs case it includes oil, gas, washer fluid, diff oils, transmission oil, all active aero hydraulic oils too. This also would include dry sump storage on some cars.

So, I didnā€™t once discredit the GT for being awesome, because it is, but ford dropped the ball In many aspects and the competition is walking them. Iā€™ve heard the GT is more visceral, so thereā€™s that.
lol 1. You said "I suggest you do some fact checking first". I show you where I got the weight. So go ahead and face palm yourself. 2. Then you tell me I cherry picked the info. The article clearly states it's the MFG curb weight numbers that are obviously dry weight. 3. I never claimed the weight as dry or wet. You made that ASS gumption. 4. You are full of hot stinking poo making all your ASS umptions. Did you think I just pulled the numbers out my ASS??? LOL

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06

But if you go here:

3354 curb weight.

Frustrating that people on forums donā€™t understand this, even more Frustrating that manufactures even bother listing a dry weight, itā€™s total nonsense.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Frustrating that people on forums donā€™t understand this, even more Frustrating that manufactures even bother listing a dry weight, itā€™s total nonsense.
Yeah, oh well weā€™re here to learn and converse even if we make ASS gumptions.

Sponsored

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
lol 1. You said "I suggest you do some fact checking first". I show you where I got the weight. So go ahead and face palm yourself. 2. Then you tell me I cherry picked the info. The article clearly states it's the MFG curb weight numbers that are obviously dry weight. 3. I never claimed the weight as dry or wet. You made that ASS gumption. 4. You are full of hot stinking poo making all your ASS umptions. Did you think I just pulled the numbers out my ASS??? LOL
Thatā€™s an awesome comeback by the way.

Iā€™ve always wondered how much a ā€˜14 Mustang GT weighed. Can you guide me to a link?

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

But if you go here:

3354 curb weight.

Please be more specific with respect to Ford dropping the ball on this Ford GT Supercar?

:shrug:

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
Many places quote 3605 curb weight for a '14 GT Premium.
Mine had a shipping weight printed somewhere that said 3505 (dry I presume).

Ford GT curb weight is listed variously near 3300 lbs.

So I don't know where you get 700 lbs. Math and such,

But my point was that that's not much weight savings for a car that's ALL carbon fiber. Not sure what you're going on about.

The street version of the GT is no where 3050 on the street. Everyone knows that.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Many places quote 3605 curb weight for a '14 GT Premium.
Mine had a shipping weight printed somewhere that said 3505 (dry I presume).

Ford GT curb weight is listed variously near 3300 lbs.

So I don't know where you get 700 lbs. Math and such,

But my point was that that's not much weight savings for a car that's ALL carbon fiber. Not sure what you're going on about.

The street version of the GT is no where 3050 on the street. Everyone knows that.
What has a curb weight of 3605# for a 2014 GT Premium got to do with a Ford GT as we are not even on the same page?

As far as the curb weight for a Ford GT the weight of ~3300# is probably just a little light but with a 215 CI V6 twin turbo engine in the Ford GT that propels this car in 3.0 second from zero to 60 MPH and has a top speed of 216 MPH and has a skid pad of 1.11 G's what are we missing here?

:headbonk::headbonk:

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Please be more specific with respect to Ford dropping the ball on this Ford GT Supercar?

:shrug:
Itā€™s just my opinion, but the price vs performance factor just isnā€™t there. Ford also claimed the best power to weight ratio of any car ever and messed up. They even stated after, the simulations showed faster track laps with active aero which added a lot of weight. It may have truly been something at their original weight goal.

Almost all the supercars beat it. The ZR1 is quicker around a track.

Like I said I believe the true alure of this car is the visceral experience.

Itā€™s not actually that fast in a straight. Itā€™s the same as a new M5.
Sponsored