Rc18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
6mt-rc-18eb
Vehicle Showcase
Velossatech ram air scoop fits 2018 mustang with gt upper grille!

I really doubt it will fit since the shape and size of the grille has changed for 2018.
It fits just fine actually:thumbsup:
Here's some pics for proof. Stock gt upper grille opened to leave only the pony in it's corral. Lower opened to match the upper, side pockets opened to match the actual scoop size. Velossatech ram air scoop in gloss black to match upper grille(first ever on a 2018.:ford:

Can confirm that after a quick test drive&a few hard pulls. Per in car sensors intake air stays within 2-5degrees of ambient temp. Before it would be as much as 20degrees over ambient in any type of idling or stopped situation.
Even without the scoop before it wouldn't get this close to actual indicated ambient.
Imo worth the $ not sure other then a little added turbo spoiling up noise under full throttle. What it actually offers perf wise:shrug: best guess would be slightly better mpg on long hwy trips&possibly a tenth or so at the strip.
20180430_101453_kindlephoto-6291235.jpg
20180430_120705_kindlephoto-6362931.jpg
Sponsored

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Can the intake side air scoop be installed without removing the bumper? I have no interest in installing the passenger side one so my only concern is the intake side. Thanks.

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
If Velossa Tech decides to make one for the Roush fascia let me know.
Roush w Velossars.jpg

Waldo Jeffers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT convertible automatic MY 2017
Got to this Thread a Bit Late. :shrug: and Read all the 48 Pages, uh:headbonk:
Congratulations Dan [MENTION=19602]VelossaTech[/MENTION]

Great work. Wann to have one, but there are still some questions left.
European vendors have only few colors available.

Need a Ruby red Part, and I learned this one is still missing in your Portfolio.
If Ruby red will be unavailable furthermore, Iā€˜ d like to have it in dark purple (Deep purple as I prefer to call it) and this is unavailable with the European vendors. Thatā€˜s just bad, Iā€˜d prefer to directly buy in the US.
Canā€˜t Understand why a shipment to Saudi-Arabia is possible but Germany is Not.

Next, Iā€˜d also like to get a pair of brake ducts situated in the triangular sections of the lower US GT-Grille.

Would be happy if there was a solution for that. :clap2::thumbsup:

Maybe some german Users of this Part could provide additional info as we can Test the results of this duct on the Autobahn up to 155mph (with limiter) or approx. 175mph (w/o limiter)

Sponsored

OP
OP
VelossaTech

VelossaTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.velossatechdesign.com
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Got to this Thread a Bit Late. :shrug: and Read all the 48 Pages, uh:headbonk:
Congratulations Dan [MENTION=19602]VelossaTech[/MENTION]

Great work. Wann to have one, but there are still some questions left.
European vendors have only few colors available.

Need a Ruby red Part, and I learned this one is still missing in your Portfolio.
If Ruby red will be unavailable furthermore, Iā€˜ d like to have it in dark purple (Deep purple as I prefer to call it) and this is unavailable with the European vendors. Thatā€˜s just bad, Iā€˜d prefer to directly buy in the US.
Canā€˜t Understand why a shipment to Saudi-Arabia is possible but Germany is Not.

Next, Iā€˜d also like to get a pair of brake ducts situated in the triangular sections of the lower US GT-Grille.

Would be happy if there was a solution for that. :clap2::thumbsup:
Hello [MENTION=17977]Waldo Jeffers[/MENTION], shoot me an email at [email protected]. We are about to restock our UK distributor and can squeeze in a dark purple in that shipment. Let me know ASAP as we are setting up production this coming week for their restocking. And thank you for the kind words, it means a lot to me.

Best,

Dan

Waldo Jeffers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT convertible automatic MY 2017
Thanks Dan @VelossaTech
email sent !

Just want to add some words: Me and a couple of friends were working on similar things for years with our BMW Boxer race bikes (some local amateur boxer cup race series, but only low-level sport for hobby enthusiasts) but back then, there was no 3D-printer and no sophisticated analysis software. After some years we managed to achieve about 8-11 hp power gain (quite good on a 2-cylinder 1170cc/1216cc motorbike with only 122hp stock and 140-155hp in race condition depending on money spent) through snorkel and airbox modifications and mostly, the intake runners inside the air box. Due to the 180Ā° opposed intake runners on the BMW boxer motors, there was even a little bit of resonance charging.

From this hobby work done for years and years I learned a little and all I can say is, that all your words in this long thread were true (plus some postings from fellow members here with obviously very good knowledge). So I can feel with you, how difficult it is to explain high-level technical facts to folks who know quite a bit less - without writing a book that only will get comments such as "TLDR"!

Congrats again on your work. I'm really keen on experiencing the effect of the duct over 75mph and I bet this thing will prove to have a positive effect performancewise. I think it is optimistic to expect a ram air effect right at 60mph. I'd estimate this effect to begin between 70 and 75mph and growing with more speed. On the other hand, just judging from all your statements and my personal experience, I will not discuss the question whether there is a positive effect or not. I assume there will be a positive effect. My only questions are, at which speed this positive effect will start to grow and how effective it will be.

I'm also "sold" to the obvious side effects, such as 1) keeping the inlet air temperatures as low as possible and 2) great improvement to the look of the car.

And my only concern is the question, if the duct might be too effective, which means: will the ram air effect be so strong that the gas mixture might weaken at prolonged top speed drives. But that is merely a german problem and I will observe this by logging the AFR ratios. Anyway, I expect the stock injection system and computer to be able to deal with it. I know one guy here in Bavaria personally, who uses the duct and he never reported a problem with it. I will be testing it first with the stock airbox and a Piper-X aftermarket filter.

Besides : -> Will there be a rubber plug in the package to delete the Helmholtz-Resonator ?
And I'd be happy to receive updates on the missing brake ducts as well. :cheers:

Last edited:
OP
OP
VelossaTech

VelossaTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.velossatechdesign.com
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Thanks Dan @VelossaTech
email sent !

Just want to add some words: Me and a couple of friends were working on similar things for years with our BMW Boxer race bikes (some local amateur boxer cup race series, but only low-level sport for hobby enthusiasts) but back then, there was no 3D-printer and no sophisticated analysis software. After some years we managed to achieve about 8-11 hp power gain (quite good on a 2-cylinder 1170cc/1216cc motorbike with only 122hp stock and 140-155hp in race condition depending on money spent) through snorkel and airbox modifications and mostly, the intake runners inside the air box. Due to the 180Ā° opposed intake runners on the BMW boxer motors, there was even a little bit of resonance charging.

From this hobby work done for years and years I learned a little and all I can say is, that all your words in this long thread were true (plus some postings from fellow members here with obviously very good knowledge). So I can feel with you, how difficult it is to explain high-level technical facts to folks who know quite a bit less - without writing a book that only will get comments such as "TLDR"!

Congrats again on your work. I'm really keen on experiencing the effect of the duct over 75mph and I bet this thing will prove to have a positive effect performancewise. I think it is optimistic to expect a ram air effect right at 60mph. I'd estimate this effect to begin between 70 and 75mph and growing with more speed. On the other hand, just judging from all your statements and my personal experience, I will not discuss the question whether there is a positive effect or not. I assume there will be a positive effect. My only questions are, at which speed this positive effect will start to grow and how effective it will be.

I'm also "sold" to the obvious side effects, such as 1) keeping the inlet air temperatures as low as possible and 2) great improvement to the look of the car.

And my only concern is the question, if the duct might be too effective, which means: will the ram air effect be so strong that the gas mixture might weaken at prolonged top speed drives. But that is merely a german problem and I will observe this by logging the AFR ratios. Anyway, I expect the stock injection system and computer to be able to deal with it. I know one guy here in Bavaria personally, who uses the duct and he never reported a problem with it. I will be testing it first with the stock airbox and a Piper-X aftermarket filter.

Besides : -> Will there be a rubber plug in the package to delete the Helmholtz-Resonator ?
And I'd be happy to receive updates on the missing brake ducts as well. :cheers:

Hello again! :)

You have some seriously difficult questions to answer! haha :headbonk:

I will try my best.
No need to delete the resonator as it does not replace that part in the car.
I dont think the duct will be too effective, the differences are subtle enough for the ECM to compensate.

The question about when the effect begins to kick in is a complicated one. The local atmospheric pressure, temperature, and humidity will have an effect on when it starts to 'work'. It isnt really an on/off switch, its gradual, just as its harder and harder for the car to push the air out of the way the faster it goes (air resistance is proportional to the square of velocity) you get a similar effect with the ram air. I am by no means saying it's enough to compensate for air resistance, I am saying that the build up of pressure is proportional to the square of your velocity. For someone in a higher altitude, you may not see the effect register until a much higher speed. For someone in a drier colder climate that is closer to sea level, the effect would begin earlier. There is no discrete cutoff point, it all depends on your environment and your current engine mods and tune.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Just installed mine last night and the bumper removal wasn't as bad as expected at all. The 7 mm screw on each corner where the bumper meets the fender I couldn't find for a good 10 minutes or more of looking and I even thought the '16's were different. I found it eventually ... it's a black screw hiding in the shadows so shine a flashlight in there.

I think it was [MENTION=27640]bjstang[/MENTION] who suggested spraying wd-40 into the panel gap where the tabs are (same area as the 7 mm screw) so they wouldn't break off before hand and :thumbsup: to that tip.

I can't believe all the screws on that bottom panel ... have a small power tool for removal and reinstall of those. It'll help on the top screws as well.

The instructions say the bumper removal is a 2 person job ... it's NOT. Lift from the top center and you'll be fine.

Haven't driven it yet ...

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I honestly couldn't tell any difference in sound, but I have the sound tube deleted so I don't hear much of that anyway. Mostly exhaust note. The IAT stability in traffic and reduced vacuum at WOT & highway speed sure is nice! Looks great too.

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I still have the stock airbox paired up with a Mishi Intake Tube, and I do get more "rawr" intake noises. Not a lot, but I also deleted the sound resonator on the intake just before the air box.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I still have the stock airbox paired up with a Mishi Intake Tube, and I do get more "rawr" intake noises. Not a lot, but I also deleted the sound resonator on the intake just before the air box.
Yeah I noticed that when I put the mishimoto tube on, but not the big mouth. Maybe if I remove the resonator before the box it'll be more noticeable.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.