Vehicle prep for roof wrap

Oxford white 10r80 gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Shop told me to make sure I clean roof but apply no wax. I washed the car a few days ago and applied some aqua wax like I always do. I plan to waterless wash the roof before I bring it to them. They told me they will be cleaning with alcohol prior to installation my appointment is for next Thursday is there anything else I need to do? I wanna make sure the install is seamless.
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
They should be taking care of everything that needs to be done. For mine they cleaned, clay bared, cleaned and alcohol wiped it.

OP
OP

Oxford white 10r80 gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
They should be taking care of everything that needs to be done. For mine they cleaned, clay bared, cleaned and alcohol wiped it.
Ok thanks for the input I will be calling in the morning to have them reiterate what will be done on their part. Sales lady only mentioned them using alcohol and for me to make sure i haven’t applied wax.

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ok thanks for the input I will be calling in the morning to have them reiterate what will be done on their part. Sales lady only mentioned them using alcohol and for me to make sure i haven’t applied wax.
It wouldn't hurt to go ahead and clay the hell out of it.

Sponsored

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I’m gonna see what they say first I have never clayed a vehicle before lol.
Clay is very easy to use and as a car owner you should absolutely get familiar with it. I use spray detailer and claybar, just rub the bar back and forth to clean the clear coat. Just don't use it after you drop it.

OP
OP

Oxford white 10r80 gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Clay is very easy to use and as a car owner you should absolutely get familiar with it. I use spray detailer and claybar, just rub the bar back and forth to clean the clear coat. Just don't use it after you drop it.
Once I speak with them tommorow to get clarification I will update this thread for sure I’m guessing I can pick something up at oreilys autozone or Walmart

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Once I speak with them tommorow to get clarification I will update this thread for sure I’m guessing I can pick something up at oreilys autozone or Walmart
Nick, just who are using to install this wrap. Anyone who does this for a living should be including all prep work as part of the install cost. Just alcohol is not a professional job. I strongly suggest finding another installer.
The whole clay conversation is a good one and something you should get and learn to use. But for this, let the pros handle it.

OP
OP

Oxford white 10r80 gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Nick, just who are using to install this wrap. Anyone who does this for a living should be including all prep work as part of the install cost. Just alcohol is not a professional job. I strongly suggest finding another installer.
The whole clay conversation is a good one and something you should get and learn to use. But for this, let the pros handle it.
Fast Signs in Southeast Texas well known shop that does full vehicle wraps and loads of commercial stuff. Believe me if I call back tommorow and get the same answer I will be requesting a refund as I already paid full cost upfront for my appointment next week.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Fast Signs in Southeast Texas well known shop that does full vehicle wraps and loads of commercial stuff. Believe me if I call back tommorow and get the same answer I will be requesting a refund as I already paid full cost upfront for my appointment next week.
These folks?
https://www.fastsigns.com/products/...VhI7ICh26kAYgEAAYASABEgIWqfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
If yes, they do commercial wraps, not custom car wraps. I do not think that these are the people you want touching your Mustang.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Oxford white 10r80 gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
OP
OP

Oxford white 10r80 gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
She told me they even do full vehicle wraps so I was sold at that point and their reviews are great on google when I did look them up.
I’m not saying they are not good, just not what you need. You should be looking for top notch installers of tint and PPF. Many good detailers also do wrapping.

OP
OP

Oxford white 10r80 gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I’m not saying they are not good, just not what you need. You should be looking for top notch installers of tint and PPF. Many good detailers also do wrapping.
Alrighty then looks like I’m canceling my appointment for next week I’ll have to track down someone else.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)