OP

Oxford white 10r80 gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
This is not a recommendation, just an idea of the type of business you should be looking for.
http://clutchcitycustom.com/
That sorta stuff is hard to find in Beaumont where I live fast signs doesn’t have bad reviews and they seemed like a good place up until I mentioned the whole clay bar thing. If the sales woman just wasn’t knowledgeable and I speak with someone else and they go into detail explaining what they do before a wrap is applied and it mentions detailed cleaning would it be ok to let them do the work? Or just scrap it all together?
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
That sorta stuff is hard to find in Beaumont where I live fast signs doesn’t have bad reviews and they seemed like a good place up until I mentioned the whole clay bar thing. If the sales woman just wasn’t knowledgeable and I speak with someone else and they go into detail explaining what they do before a wrap is applied and it mentions detailed cleaning would it be ok to let them do the work? Or just scrap it all together?
Good morning. Yes, I was giving this some additional thought. Fastsigns might not be where I would go but that does not mean they are not good. Go there, speak to one of the installers directly. Get a feel for how they are going to treat your car. If you get a good feeling go for it.
Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

OP
OP

Oxford white 10r80 gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Good morning. Yes, I was giving this some additional thought. Fastsigns might not be where I would go but that does not mean they are not good. Go there, speak to one of the installers directly. Get a feel for how they are going to treat your car. If you get a good feeling go for it.
Will do thanks!

OP
OP

Oxford white 10r80 gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Welp refund is in process guys I spoke to installer over the phone and he said the same thing all they use is alcohol and I mentioned a clay bar he said if it needed to be claybarred they would refuse to do the vehicle or they would have customer do it before it’s brought in. He even went as far to say that it’s not necessary as long as the car is clean and it hasn’t been waxed. Definitely made me feel uncomfortable paying $216 total and they don’t put the extra work in. Heck I’m sure I could buy some vinyl get some alcohol and a clay bar and possibly just do it myself lol glad I consulted the forums last night!

OP
OP

Oxford white 10r80 gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Another update for you I just called another shop sorta like the same one we have been discussing that’s local to me and he said they just use alcohol no need to claybar they don’t want to mar the finish etc only prep is alcohol. I want my roof wrapped badly but of course I don’t want improper work done.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Oxford white 10r80 gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Found these installers on Google. Just for the fun of it give them a call and see what they say.
http://www.glanzautosalon.com/
https://beaumontcarwraps.weebly.com/

By the way, claying properly does not “mar” the finish. That’s one to stay away from. :headbang:
Glanz auto said yes they think it’s a good idea to claybar before applying something like that but for $200 that’s a good deal and good prep is always hard to find so he sorta recommended me to just claybar it myself.
Second business phone number didn’t work lol

OP
OP

Oxford white 10r80 gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Looks like I’m outta luck unless I just travel somewhere which sucks
Sponsored