V6 non power driver seat vs 051a power seat

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
As I get closer to actually getting my car, trying to get a deal on the color of what I want takes priority. I like the 051a package, but do not like the wing at all. I know u can get spoiler delete, but most likely the car will have it and I don't want to order. I can live without foglights and I can always add wheels, but how about the power seat? Does the non power still go up and down? And I'm 43 and used to lumbar support in my Acura. Does the manual seat have manual lumbar? I'm thinking I need that. I just don't like that wing. It will be the first thing to fade. Sad thing is I'm in Jax for the weekend and Coggin has a 051a silver with the spoiler delete but I am not ready. There is a used 051a silver with spoiler delete in Hickory NC but they want 22 for it. Don't know what I can get it for but even 20 is too much. It's used.
Sponsored

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
The manual seat can be adjusted up and down, but has no lumbar support adjustment.

SBLee29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang V6 w/051a
The power lumbar in the 051a works great and provides excellent support. I'm not too fond of the spoiler on my car neither, but I don't notice it too much anymore. Maybe the stripes help out with that

Arsenalslr95

V6 Tactical Operator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Cyclone
How do you get the manual seat to go up / down?

My driver seat is power, passenger seat is manual and I can only slide the passenger seat forward / back and adjust the incline of the seat back. No control for seat base height, like on the power seat, if thats what was meant by "up / down"

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
How do you get the manual seat to go up / down?

My driver seat is power, passenger seat is manual and I can only slide the passenger seat forward / back and adjust the incline of the seat back. No control for seat base height, like on the power seat, if thats what was meant by "up / down"
How? RTFM! :lol::cheers:

My car has 051A and I love it. I don't mind the spoiler at all.

Sponsored

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
According to page 109 (online version) of manual, there is a lever that adjusts the height of the seat.

six_shooter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 DIB, 2018 HD Iron 1200
There is a lever you pump up or down to move the seat vertically. For me it's not an issue since I am 6'4" and just leave it on the lowest setting. For what it's worth, I have family sitting behind me a lot so I actually prefer having manual seats for them getting in and out. It's faster and easier. Even if you don't have that, how often would you adjust it anyway? This is from someone who drives 600+ miles a week.

Maybe if you are dead set on 051+ spoiler delete, you should consider some different colors if you are hot to get one. Magnetic is a nice alternative to silver. Or white for ultimate low maintenance if that's why you're doing silver.

Arsenalslr95

V6 Tactical Operator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Cyclone
A lever huh? I never knew or noticed. I will have to locate this thing after work

kn7671

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Power Seats - I'm going to state it plainly and clearly, I could not drive or own the S550 Mustang without the power seats, period, and the Recaro's simply are a no.

I'm 44 yrs old, 6'1" @ 260 lbs with a bad back, and I simply could not contort myself into the seats. Specifically, I need the memory seat function, as the seat moves back about 4-inches when you turn the car off, allowing for much easier entry and exit.

The 2015 design pushes the seat more under the windshield arch, or so it seems, which make entry a little different than any earlier Mustang.

Cuppy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ruby Red V6 Vert 051A
We had to get the power seat as the wife is vertically challenged and the manual lever just didn't do it. Actually thinking about adding a power or manual seat to the passenger side. Has anyone ever done this?...would like to keep it factory if possible.

Sponsored
OP
OP

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the tips. There won't be any memory seats for the V6. that's a premium thing. I'm giving up a LOT from my Acura RL, but I paid $16K for that thing. But the Mustang is the only car that excites as much as my RL, in a different way of course. Height adjust is for when the wife borrow the stang so I can use her CRV to haul my RC airplanes. I figure this, I can always add rims and can use a pad for trips, The car looks fine with or without foglights. With the 050a, I don't have to pay for a spoiler I don't want... It really just depends on when I'm ready, which I'm not. I am just, well, u guys would call me paranoid, I call it acutely risk averse. I just can't do it...I have one car payment and like it that way. I can afford 2 just fine, but...... I just can't get over that.

But I guess for the purpose of this thread I would be fine with either package in the end. foundry wheels are cheap online.

Colors, white is fine. I love Magnetic when it's sunny and clean. That color dies when it's dirty or it's cloudy out. Blue is nice but to dark, will show every blemish, I'm in this for the long haul. Silver is best, but I love ruby or even he blue with white last. Ruby does add another $400, too. I know that's nothing, but it all adds up, and adds up quick. I just saw a V6 with a sticker of almost $28K. That's too much.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
I have power seats and the seats are comfortable, but I likely would still prefer manual seats. Motors in the seats just seem like something to break. After the warranty expires of course.

In any case, you will want to just go sit in the car you are interested in, and make sure the seats are satisfactory for you and the misses. Just be careful though as a salesman has more leverage when its more than just you.

... for when the wife borrow the stang so I can use her CRV to haul my RC airplanes.
I want an RC airplane with FPV :thumbsup:

I just saw a V6 with a sticker of almost $28K. That's too much.
try to get one at $22-23. I just made up those numbers, but I bet its possible. When shopping, I would recommend tire kicking at the dealer, and then actually working out a deal over phone , email, calling around. You could impulse buy, but I would research a good number in advance, such as the ones I just listed, which may or may not be a low-ball.

Black one

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V6, Ruby red conv,pkg 051
Order with the 051 pkg.
You will be able to sell the18" wheels w/pirellis a lot quicker once you change out.
The fog liters and power seats are worth the money....and delete the rear spoiler.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
How come people like lumbar support that much?
I never liked lumbar support. Feels like my lower back is bending at a weird angle.
The Mustang even with it turned off has some kind of support which I don't like.

OP
OP

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
I have power seats and the seats are comfortable, but I likely would still prefer manual seats. Motors in the seats just seem like something to break. After the warranty expires of course.

In any case, you will want to just go sit in the car you are interested in, and make sure the seats are satisfactory for you and the misses. Just be careful though as a salesman has more leverage when its more than just you.

I want an RC airplane with FPV :thumbsup:

try to get one at $22-23. I just made up those numbers, but I bet its possible. When shopping, I would recommend tire kicking at the dealer, and then actually working out a deal over phone , email, calling around. You could impulse buy, but I would research a good number in advance, such as the ones I just listed, which may or may not be a low-ball.
That's possible with a base, but with an 051a?
Sponsored