rtg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1+
Vehicle Showcase
2018 GT with stage 2. I am not able to get Forscan to connect due to "unable to identify vehicle" error. The setup works as I have used it many times on my 2018 F-150.

Anyone found a work around? I don't have the original tune to reload.

TIA,

Rob
Sponsored

BenGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
Have you used Forscan on your mustang before and your Forscan access still good? Do you have an OBD2 adapter with the MS/HS switch? Mine did this and I toggled back and forth between the two and was able to get it to connect. I don’t believe loading the stock tune would change your access. Even if Whipple put a lock on somehow, It should only be on PCM access.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
It won't recognize the strategy on the ECU / tune. You don't have the original tune? That's what I did on my '17 - load the original tune, work with Forscan and then flash my tune back on.

OP
OP
rtg

rtg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1+
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the reply. I have not used this setup on the Mustang. I have the Whipple installed before deciding to use Forscan. However, as I indicated this setup has been used successfully on a 2018 F-150 5.0L. So I know the adapter and software install are good. I even had it connect to my 2006 Miata....

Might be a 2018 Mustang issue.

Rob

OP
OP
rtg

rtg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1+
Vehicle Showcase
It won't recognize the strategy on the ECU / tune. You don't have the original tune? That's what I did on my '17 - load the original tune, work with Forscan and then flash my tune back on.
Whipple's Tomahawk does not save the base tune before overwriting with their tune and there is no provision to save the base tune.

So it's lost unless I go to a dealer have them load the base Ford tune. Save it some how. Reload the Whipple tune. Drive home. Reload the saved base tune. Modify with Forscan. Reload the Whipple tune.

If that will work.....

Thanks,

Rob

Sponsored

BenGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Whipple's Tomahawk does not save the base tune before overwriting with their tune and there is no provision to save the base tune.

So it's lost unless I go to a dealer have them load the base Ford tune. Save it some how. Reload the Whipple tune. Drive home. Reload the saved base tune. Modify with Forscan. Reload the Whipple tune.

If that will work.....

Thanks,

Rob
With Whipple’s program hooked up and calibration file selected and open is there a restore option?
Looks like the same flash software as Ford’s Procal which combines the factory and aftermarket tune in a single PC3 file. Restore loads the stock tune. Hopefully that is the case.
Just saw this ;)

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/whipple-flare-how-to-return-to-stock-tune-help.68739/

OP
OP
rtg

rtg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1+
Vehicle Showcase
The 2018+ GTs use the Tomahawk programming tool. It does not read and store the stock tune...

Rob

BenGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Stock files available upon request!
387F7D06-0EC7-4703-A452-7A2B774297DF.png

OP
OP
rtg

rtg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1+
Vehicle Showcase
OK, I'll give that a try. I seem to remember that Whipple was not providing those for the 2018+. We will see....

Thanks,

Rob

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
OK, I'll give that a try. I seem to remember that Whipple was not providing those for the 2018+. We will see....

Thanks,

Rob
Seriously - it HAS to store the stock tune. If not - how the hell would you ever return the car to stock if you decide to remove the Whipple?

Sponsored
OP
OP
rtg

rtg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1+
Vehicle Showcase
It does not save the stock tune. You would have to go to the dealer and pay to have them load it.

Rob

OP
OP
rtg

rtg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1+
Vehicle Showcase
Problem solved. I contacted Forscan.org and explained the situation. They responded very quickly. I provided my VIN and they provided a strategy number. Works perfect.

Rob
Sponsored