Sponsored

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
Thanks again guys..

@ Jimboy2, what is RA direct?
Should have been RS Direct. They are a trader. Worth giving them a call and see what they will offer you. Was such a easy transaction that I wish I did it from the start.

zero7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V8 GT
Should have been RS Direct. They are a trader. Worth giving them a call and see what they will offer you. Was such a easy transaction that I wish I did it from the start.
Cheers, will give them a call. They seem to have a couple in stock.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Sounds like you are going to get bent over and raped..:paddle:
No reason at all why that should be the case for a low mileage, tastefully modded car that you're not desperate to sell.
I would say that anything over £28k could be considered acceptable however.

Sponsored

Snap On Pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
S550GT 2017MY Grabber Blue
No reason at all why that should be the case for a low mileage, tastefully modded car that you're not desperate to sell.
I would say that anything over £28k could be considered acceptable however.
Any trader is looking to make some dollars....on a purchase.. :paddle:
The days of a long wait on these cars fed the initial high re sale prices..

Long term i guess the residual value to be very good. I still see 2006 cars fetching £11- £12k.. Compare that with an equivalent BMW say, and its great..:cool:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Any trader is looking to make some dollars....on a purchase.. :paddle:
The days of a long wait on these cars fed the initial high re sale prices..

Long term i guess the residual value to be very good. I still see 2006 cars fetching £11- £12k.. Compare that with an equivalent BMW say, and its great..:cool:
You cannot compare though as the S197 were all imports and the amount of them on UK roads is extremely small numbers. As such making them rarer which helps boost their values.

Also in a few more years the S197 will be a classic, will be even fewer of them and as such they will reach a bottom and more then likely start to go up in value.

The S550 is a very different beast, Ford have flooded the UK market with them, there is several thousand on the road and as such those bigger numbers mean more for sale, means more choice and more competition, so the used buyer has more to choose from. This results in much lower residuals which is what were now seeing with the S550 being hit quite hard in values and they will get even cheaper. You only have to look at VXR8 values when they officially introduced those, they even sold them brand new as low as 23k down from 35k and used prices were totally destroyed. The S550 will get hammered more yet, but remember this depreciation is only ever an issue if you sell.

Those who got a GT at 35k were the winners, their residuals are fantastic and will remain so as even now absolute worse case at 3yr old will be around 25k used. Which is not bad!

Those who paid 37-40k it hurts more as the used market does not care if you paid more new. That is why the 18's with a lot of options will get hammered in value after 18 months as used cars values are not particular improved by options, certainly nowhere by the amount they cost when new.

On the flip side is MY18 sales are slow and not many get sold they may hold value better, unless of course Ford start discounting heavily due to poor sales.

If depreciation is a worry don't buy any car, OK I lie buy a Porsche as its one of the few brands that has truly fantastic residuals on its sports cars.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
If depreciation is a worry don't buy any car, OK I lie buy any limited run car as its one of the few cars that has truly fantastic residuals on its sports cars.
Fixed it ;)!

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fixed it ;)!

Nope pretty much all the current Porsches are holding up very well on the 981 Boxster, Cayman and the 991 cars. But it is one of the few brands where the used market really take note of the options, probably because the options list can totally transform the performance and ability of the car. Now even the regular ones hold value well with minimal depreciation.

Or look at the GTS cars, those you can go and buy, you will get one as not limited number and values holding and going up. My mate got himself into a brand new Cayman 981 GTS just over 18 months ago, still not lost a penny and probably won't in another year.

Yes GT cars explode in value as Porsche limit sales, so those appreciate big time.

Just avoid the none sport car stuff, like Cayennes, Macans, Panameras or whatever they call them.

Porsche as a brand have some of the best residuals accross their fleet, whereas other brands do not, they might have the odd limited run car which holds up. Jaguar has some worse depreciation, but their Project 7 exploded in value, due to limited run but as a brand they are shocking.

zero7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V8 GT
I'm going to be changing for something depreciation proof, RS Direct were nice to deal with and although we did not agree on the price we were not million miles apart as some would think.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Nope pretty much all the current Porsches are holding up very well on the 981 Boxster, Cayman and the 991 cars. But it is one of the few brands where the used market really take note of the options, probably because the options list can totally transform the performance and ability of the car. Now even the regular ones hold value well with minimal depreciation.

Or look at the GTS cars, those you can go and buy, you will get one as not limited number and values holding and going up. My mate got himself into a brand new Cayman 981 GTS just over 18 months ago, still not lost a penny and probably won't in another year.

Yes GT cars explode in value as Porsche limit sales, so those appreciate big time.

Just avoid the none sport car stuff, like Cayennes, Macans, Panameras or whatever they call them.

Porsche as a brand have some of the best residuals accross their fleet, whereas other brands do not, they might have the odd limited run car which holds up. Jaguar has some worse depreciation, but their Project 7 exploded in value, due to limited run but as a brand they are shocking.

was a joke because limited run/edition cars go up in value. :lol:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was a joke because limited run/edition cars go up in value. :lol:
I was talking about a brand though as Porsche has pretty much best residuals across its current sports cars even including the lowly Boxster, it is of course the norm that limited run car tend to shoot up in value which is something all brands offer from time to time.

Saying that now Porsche has gone FI on their new run of the mill sports cars it may not hold true now as the NA variants sounded 10x better.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm going to be changing for something depreciation proof, RS Direct were nice to deal with and although we did not agree on the price we were not million miles apart as some would think.
What you thinking? A new car or a used car that has reached bottom or more of a classic?

zero7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V8 GT
What you thinking? A new car or a used car that has reached bottom or more of a classic?
A used car, will be tucking it away, will then get a little cheap thrills toy, sub £10k that I can thrash for fun. Will probably use it more than the Stang..

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
What do we think a GT coupe will be worth when 5 years old? Assume below average mileage (8k a year), good condition with FFSH

I reckon about £16k? Or is that optimistic? Even Focus STs don't seem to be too bad on depreciation.
Sponsored