slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Bit worrying that Ford thinks the car will only be worth £18k in thee years
That's not what that means. It's the balance of the price of the car at 0%; they can hardly ask for more.

i.e. 13333.25 plus 36x179.94 plus 18284 = £38,095 - the current retail price of a base GT

As a deal it makes no sense compared to 0% Ford Acquire finance other than the low 36 month payments and deferred lump sum. Downside is the mileage cap, and the car isn't actually yours until the end.
Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
That's not what that means. It's the balance of the price of the car at 0%; they can hardly ask for more.

i.e. 13333.25 plus 36x179.94 plus 18284 = £38,095 - the current retail price of a base GT

As a deal it makes no sense compared to 0% Ford Acquire finance other than the low 36 month payments and deferred lump sum. Downside is the mileage cap, and the car isn't actually yours until the end.
Yes, I understand how you get to the £38,095 and that the £18k is the balance after 3 years. Gibbo has already explained the reason the £18k is low, to give PCPers a positive equity to incentivise them to put deposit down on another car.

Toploader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Muscle

It looks like the only way to currently get Ford Acquire at 0% is with 50% up front deposit (£19k+) and either 2 or 3 year terms with much, much larger monthly payments.

Options with £13k down and £179 a month sounds like a fine way to get into a new GT to me.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
It looks like the only way to currently get Ford Acquire at 0% is with 50% up front deposit (£19k+) and either 2 or 3 year terms with much, much larger monthly payments.

Options with £13k down and £179 a month sounds like a fine way to get into a new GT to me.
I wouldn't argue with that, but you still have to find that deposit if you want to keep it; it just comes at the end instead.

Toploader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Muscle
I’ve just discovered my nearest Mustang dealer (Park’s Inverness) have 16 cars in stock. So, hang on till March for a deal.......bound to be a Grabber blue in among that lot. Fingers crossed .
I took a look at an unregistered Grabber Blue GT the other day. Love the GB but this was auto with ceramic seats which looked wrong to my eyes.

I think finding the spec you want might be a killer especially by March. Would be good to see some kind of list of what is available.

Sponsored

ian2144

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT grabber blue/black roof
I took a look at an unregistered Grabber Blue GT the other day. Love the GB but this was auto with ceramic seats which looked wrong to my eyes.

I think finding the spec you want might be a killer especially by March. Would be good to see some kind of list of what is available.
There is one on autotrader with ceramic seats, a 67 plate @ £36,975 it’s been on there since October last year, this is probably why it’s still for sale.

For me it needs to be a GT with manual box in Grabber blue with the custom Pack. May go for a Shadow Edition as an alternative, not so keen on the wheels they fit to it.....but I’m just being a bit picky :D

Snap On Pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
S550GT 2017MY Grabber Blue
There is one on autotrader with ceramic seats, a 67 plate @ £36,975 it’s been on there since October last year, this is probably why it’s still for sale.

For me it needs to be a GT with manual box in Grabber blue with the custom Pack. May go for a Shadow Edition as an alternative, not so keen on the wheels they fit to it.....but I’m just being a bit picky :D
Been a manual man most of my life and had lots of Classic and hot rods.
The S550 Auto is the faster car, a lot faster lol...and so pleased i chose the auto
You have the best of both worlds with the paddle shift..
Great fun in Sportplus+ mode

My old 67 Fastback..Yes manual without a doubt..New S550 ..get an auto :thumbsup:
Yes the Shadow wheels look shite...why i picked custom pack and no silly stripes..

Leave it too long and i think you may struggle to find what u want ??

[/url]20180102_103726

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)

Get the shadow, sell the wheels and peel off the stripes.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Get the shadow, sell the wheels and peel off the stripes.
^ this, i know a fair few (including myself) who like the shadow wheels, would i buy them now i have my rotiforms, probably not, would someone else though? Hell yes!

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
The wheels on the shadow are actually quite nice, much better than wheels on the chrome pack

Sponsored

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
But like all Ford wheels the finish quality will be abysmal and they'll be half painted. I quite like the look of them too, but only in the brochure. I'm going to get properly made third party wheels.

One of my GT wheels was so roughly finished around the valve stem that it actually wore it away and caused an air leak.

Toploader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Muscle
Been a manual man most of my life and had lots of Classic and hot rods.
The S550 Auto is the faster car, a lot faster lol...and so pleased i chose the auto
You have the best of both worlds with the paddle shift..
Great fun in Sportplus+ mode

My old 67 Fastback..Yes manual without a doubt..New S550 ..get an auto :thumbsup:
I bought a new DSG equipped car 18 months ago - used it twice and it's sat in the garage ever since ! :lol:

Not going to make that mistake again. :thumbsup:

Manual all the way for me. Especially if its bolted to the back of a sweet V8.
Sponsored