Sponsored

Used GT350 market

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I have already ordered a new GT350, but I can't help but notice the used market for the car right now- there seems to be a good amount of used GT350's on the market with around 1k miles on them. If you check ebay, there is a bunch of them with between 700-1600 miles. Seems strange to me that someone would buy a car like this and sell it so quick!

Wondering what you guys think why this is? My wife thinks people are out of control and impulse buying them, then when the payment book hits and the initial excitement wears off, they are selling to get rid of the payment. And of course, right now you can still sell them for a decent price. Hell, if you were lucky enough to buy one for MSRP, you could cash in the track day, drive it on the weekends for a year, and not lose very much money in the long run.

To me, a used one was never under consideration. I want the track day, the owners package from Ford, and I want to be the one who breaks it in (properly, lol).

That being said, I do understand why people are selling their 2016 tech pack cars for the 2017, seems like a no-brainger if you are performance oriented.
Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Lots of people with means that buy them because they're the hot new thing and for whatever reason don't think they're worthy enough to keep them over their Porsches, Ferraris, Lamborghinis, etc.

On conversely, people that buy them over a GT and then realize they want an auto, or cushy options, or simply less power to kill themselves with.

Plenty of reasons.

ivanuke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 Ecoboost, 2016 Mag Trk GT350 On order
I purchased mine in Dec 2015 and sold it march 2016. I put about 2k miles on it and three track days. I sold mainly because I was starting a business and purchased two dump trucks and some excavators and i needed to free up some cash, I miss that car everyday.

On the flip side it did have some issues with sputtering and shutting off at idle that the dealer could not fix. I disclosed this to the buyer but he owned a dealership and didnt care. I found the car for sale in california for 15k over what I sold it to him for.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
On the flip side it did have some issues with sputtering and shutting off at idle that the dealer could not fix. I disclosed this to the buyer but he owned a dealership and didnt care. I found the car for sale in california for 15k over what I sold it to him for.
Which is exactly why he didn't care. :(

Sponsored

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Seeing the similar in and around IL but most are priced above MSRP and the Tech package. Came across one, 16 White Blue OTT Tech 2400 miles listed at 52k. Seems like a good deal.

RonnieSVT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 SVT Lighting , 2018 GT350
They are selling tech and base cars and ordering a 17 for the transcoolers.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I purchased mine in Dec 2015 and sold it march 2016. I put about 2k miles on it and three track days. I sold mainly because I was starting a business and purchased two dump trucks and some excavators and i needed to free up some cash, I miss that car everyday.

After Dec 2015 to March 2016, how did you up and decide to start a big business in such a short time?

:cheers:

FTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R
I have a couple suspicions.

1. People have to have the new hotness. Once that excitement goes away, they move on.

2. People realized they need/want the coolers, so they are selling their 16 to get a 17.

Last edited:

Sponsored

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
so don't buy a 16, new or used? so hard to spend your money these days. :)

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Cool trend, since I'll be keeping mine well into the future, maybe Mustangs Monthly will want to do a piece in 25 years on an original owner, well preserved '16 Tech GT350 that harkens back to the angst of the cooler issues :D

ivanuke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 Ecoboost, 2016 Mag Trk GT350 On order
After Dec 2015 to March 2016, how did you up and decide to start a big business in such a short time?

:cheers:
My father ran an excavation company about 20 years ago and retired. I decided to contact an old customer of his that was a small company back then to see if they would be interested in letting me work for them by reviving my dads old company. The business is swimming pool excavations, and that company is now one of the top pool builders in the united states. He remembered my father and the good work relationship they had, so I got a contract agreement with that company and quickly sold off unnecessary things and invested in equipment. Works been steady and good so far.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Hard to say why people would sell unless these are Tech Pack cars. I wouldn't sell this car. I may add to my fledgling stable, but never replace the 350. The car is too much fun and involving to drive. It may not be the fastest, but it ticks off all the other boxes!

jma406

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350,1962 406 S/S,64 Falcon B/FX, BOSS KK1215
I have already ordered a new GT350, but I can't help but notice the used market for the car right now- there seems to be a good amount of used GT350's on the market with around 1k miles on them. If you check ebay, there is a bunch of them with between 700-1600 miles. Seems strange to me that someone would buy a car like this and sell it so quick!

Wondering what you guys think why this is? My wife thinks people are out of control and impulse buying them, then when the payment book hits and the initial excitement wears off, they are selling to get rid of the payment. And of course, right now you can still sell them for a decent price. Hell, if you were lucky enough to buy one for MSRP, you could cash in the track day, drive it on the weekends for a year, and not lose very much money in the long run.

To me, a used one was never under consideration. I want the track day, the owners package from Ford, and I want to be the one who breaks it in (properly, lol).

That being said, I do understand why people are selling their 2016 tech pack cars for the 2017, seems like a no-brainger if you are performance oriented.
Ford & other auto makers are once again experiencing a very high number of loan defaults, for the same reason as 6-8 years ago. They are making loans possible for anyone who is breathing. There are buyers who cannot afford a Shelby let alone most any other car, but still they come up with a down payment to sign a contract and say they own a Shelby. It's called irresponsibility, stupidity, and a few other terms. The car lots are filling up with loan default cars, and new car sales are down (Ford's August new car sales down 26.5 %). By winter there will be some great deals on used GT350s.
Sponsored