Sponsored

Update: 2015 Mustang Runner Up in R&T's PCOTY

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
I enjoyed it but then again I got all of the references.

BTW, Peter Framton was a huge rock star in the 70s and his album "Framton Comes Alive!" was one of the biggest selling albums ever. A Les Paul is a guitar. The references aren't really obscure if you've been around the block a few times. I'm guessing you're too young to know all this though. :)
Would now be a bad time to point out that it's Peter Frampton? :headbonk:
Sponsored

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
Is there a complete list of how they all finished up? R&T did a great presentation but didn't give us a list nor a points tally which is a bit odd. Just lap times and comments.

Dirtleg

BoostCreep
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
15' EB Prem PP, 07' GT (track Car), 01' RC51, 16" S1000XR
"It's BMW steering, the kind you don't get in a BMW anymore."

This statement is so true. My GT PP test drive wasn't engaging enough to confirm this but 4 years ago when I owned both my 07' GT and my turbo'd 5 series BMW, switching from the Mustang to the BMW I was always amazed at how much better the steering in the BMW was at communicating what the tires were doing. The Mustang was positively numb in comparison. I am eagerly awaiting more seat time in the new Mustang to see for myself how much better it is.

Sponsored

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Larry Webster, "Editor in Chief," says "It feels like the old one."

Has he ever driven an S197? That's just a cheap shot that reflects complete ignorance of the difference between the two, which a Grand-Canyon-sized.

A Mustang finished between a GT3 and a 458 in the top three, and in the process beat the lap times of the bogey 1LE and Boss 302 in the process. Not bad, Ford. Not bad.

ArtRios87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Brembo Pack
I am not sure it was mentioned but the Mustang also won a comparison in Car and Driver against the Camaro and Challenger.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
I am not sure it was mentioned but the Mustang also won a comparison in Car and Driver against the Camaro and Challenger.
Kinda seems like all the luke-warm press at first was people just not wanting to like the Mustang, but after they spend time with it they find it's pretty good despite their prejudices.

Sponsored

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
"It's BMW steering, the kind you don't get in a BMW anymore."

This statement is so true. My GT PP test drive wasn't engaging enough to confirm this but 4 years ago when I owned both my 07' GT and my turbo'd 5 series BMW, switching from the Mustang to the BMW I was always amazed at how much better the steering in the BMW was at communicating what the tires were doing. The Mustang was positively numb in comparison. I am eagerly awaiting more seat time in the new Mustang to see for myself how much better it is.
It's that much better. The steering kept me from buying a 10 and an 11. The 15 is just excellent. Direct, no lost motion, decent feel. I have played with the adjustable steering effort and like "normal" the best. "Comfort" has a lot of '73 LTD going on, and "Sport" just feels heavy for no reason, like an old non-assisted 280Z.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
It's that much better. The steering kept me from buying a 10 and an 11. The 15 is just excellent. Direct, no lost motion, decent feel. I have played with the adjustable steering effort and like "normal" the best. "Comfort" has a lot of '73 LTD going on, and "Sport" just feels heavy for no reason, like an old non-assisted 280Z.
Spent yesterday on Skyline Drive in the mountains and the steering was just so fantastic at the "Normal" setting. The Mustang just kept this stupid smile on my face the whole time. What an incredible car. Thornton gap on 211 was incredibly enjoyable.

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
There are two Round-Abouts on the way to work. Damn those are fun.

I have yet to try any of the steering/performance modes. I'm just happy as a clam with everything on default I guess.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
You mean this:

The mustang IRS just doesn't look that great. Almost looks like it has a tendency to hop and isn't as planted as the camaro.
I really hate the camaro interior. Looks like a 10 year old designed it. The mustang is a better overall looking car, exterior and interior. Looks like they need to stiffen up the IRS though.
I love the reference.
Yeah.
steamworkshop_webupload_previewfile_393207598_preview.png
Sponsored