Sponsored

Unused CAN + / - connector?

Kado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 H4866
Has anyone located an unused or easily accessible CAN + and CAN - connector in the drivers side cockpit? I'm trying to hardwire a racecapture and pull CAN data without using the OBD port.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
That's a bit of a challenge - which CAN bus are you trying to connect to? There are three HS CAN buses and one MS CAN bus.

OP
OP
Kado

Kado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 H4866
Thats a great question. I think I'm in the exploratory stages right now. I found that the heads up connector is a HS CAN Network 2 connector with accessory power and ground going to it. That might solve my problem. I'm trying to pull vehicle telemetry and inputs for the racecapture (steering angle, brake pressure, rpm, TPS, etc...). So now I have to see if those messages are available on the network that is nearby. Thats good info JAJ, i appreciate it.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
So there is a "Gateway Module" that has circuits inside that allow various messages to pass from one bus to another. It's the module that has the OBD II connector on it. The OBD outward facing connector has HSCAN 1 and 2 on it directly, and the vehicle connector C2431 that connects to the wiring harness has all four buses available. So, it's on the right side of the car and it's got all four - just figure out which one(s) you need and you're probably good to go. The pins are:

CAN bus pin numbers on C2431 - wiring harness connector:

Bus ! + ! -

HS1 ! 20 ! 19
HS2 ! 18 ! 17
HS3 ! 16 ! 15

MS ! 23 ! 22
Sponsored