sk47

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; Every now and then a new to me aspect of the green energy disaster has some light shed about it. The linked article starts out with a farmer from NSW (New South Wales I am guessing) complaining as to how the interview he made with a news outfit was so edited that it did not convey his message. Then it get to something new to me which I have quoted below about BPA. Caught me eye as BPA is the chemical banned from water bottles for some time now.

There are other interesting bits in the story
Farmer Grant Piper slams ABC for 'hiding the truth' about wind turbines, claiming it selectively edited a 7.30 story (msn.com)
“'There's over a thousand turbines listed at the moment in the projects, each one of those is over 2,000 tonnes of concrete in its base, 600 tonnes of steel in the tower... plus I don’t know how many tonnes of carbon fibre and epoxy in the blades,' he said.

Mr Piper said the wind turbines will shed particles of Bisphenol A, the chemical used in the making of polycarbonate plastics for the wind turbine blades, also commonly referred to as BPA.

BPA is an endocrine disruptor and so that is going to erode over the life of those turbines and distribute fine BPA all over the country and into the waterways,' Mr Piper claimed.

'So what’s that going to do to the fertility and the health of livestock and the health of people ... but they don’t want to talk about [that].'

Whether wind turbines shed BPA particles that can harm fertility in people and animals remains a hot topic of debate among advocates and opponents of renewable power.

Mr Piper maintains that in the future BPA will be regarded in the same way as asbestos is now.

'The blades erode over time but the tips are going 300 or 400 miles an hour and they erode,' he told Daily Mail Australia.

'All that dust and particles, you couldn’t think of a better way to spread it over land”
Sponsored

OP
OP
sk47

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE