Sponsored

Unleashed Tuning

Elapid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP Auto
I guess running the E30 tune its better to always run your tank near empty so you can be accurate with 4 gallons E85 and the rest 93 ?
And how much horsepower is the tune worth roughly?
Sponsored

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
I actually measured a couple of partial fills at 1/2 and 1/4 to see how much fuel actually goes in. I then calculated a small chart showing how much to add and only fill up on those marks or empty. When the guage is on E and when the light comes on there is approx. 1 gal left in the tank.

I use this to help calculate partial fills: http://www.csgnetwork.com/octanemixcalc.html

I also intend to eventually get an instrument to measure concentrations in the future.

Another method (currently using until I can measure the content) is to never fill up completely full. Doing that ensures I can put a predetermined amount in and not run out of room. Knowing that from empty I usually can only add 14.5 gal, I never fill up with more than 13 total from empty. I compensate similarly for 1/2 and 1/4 tanks.

Elapid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP Auto
Thanks for the info, so the difference in horsepower is worth all the extra trouble? I have plenty of Valero 93/e85s around me and I read on here its the best gas for the ecoboost.

murphy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
whether I am flashing from 93 to E30 or already running E30, I run the tank down to less than 10 miles left to empty, put in 5.25 gal of E85 and top it off with 93. I have ran as many as 5 consectutive fill ups like this then I did a couple straight 93 only fill ups with the 93 tune. E30 is the best drug out there! :thumbsup:

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I am going to try e30 after I install my intercooler this weekend.

Sponsored

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
Here's my fill up chart for my particular car/tune.

Level----91--------E85
3/4-----2.308---0.692
1/2-----5.385---1.615
1/4-----8.462---2.538
E-------10.000--3.000

This is the fill schedule after filling a tank with 11.538 gal of 91 and 3.462 of E85. Using the chart at the indicated marks on the fuel guage never fills the tank completely but allows tighter control of the ratio.

You can accomplish much higher octane with the same ratios with 93 but you must be mindful to not run too much E85. I believe 40% is about the maximum recommended, 30 is the target (My ratios are all 30% within .002+/-)

2015EB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Torrie, I sent you an email for a revised tune. Just giving you a heads up.

Thanks,
Jason

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Bama tune

Just putting my two cents in, talking bad about bama before giving them a chance to fix what the problem is, may not be the best solution. Plus they don't have a chance to defend themselves. Did you data log? Did you email them and let them give you revisions. I have had both bama and Torries tune on my car. Now when I first got Torries tune I thought the same thing, I didn't like it at first, but I didn't come on here and call him out and call them the Walmart of tuning. I emailed torrie respectfully, he told me to log, I did and he gave me a great product. I had the same with bama and every time I data logged they gave me a batter tune and the customer service from both companies is amazing! Bama is not American muscle by the way. Bama doesn't even have a shop yet for customers to bring their cars in, so I would doubt they are the Walmart of the tuning world. This stuff isn't always going to be correct the first time, they need to see what's going on in the logs, if you weren't get over 10 psi of boost did you email Paul or Van and tell them? I have experience with both and both have great customer service and there is nothing wrong with bama, I get this is an unleashed thread and I have high respect for torrie, but no need to bash a vendor, if you didn't take the steps to help them make your tune better. I could be way off but that's how your posts sounded when talking about Bama. I can find plenty of people who love working with them and stand by their tunes. It's your opinion and its your right, just try and be a little less of a d-bag about it is all.

m4udin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I data logged multiple times with my Bama tune. I went with them based off what I had read online before ever joining this forum and also from a personal recommendation from a friend who only drives V-8's and only uses Bama. The data logging and revisions never seemed to make a difference. My unleashed tune still has not been data logged and is running superior to my revised Baja V2 tunes. I feel justified saying Unleashed is a better tune than Bama. I also have had numerous customer service issues with the shipping and receiving times of my SCT Tuner and tune email times compared to how fast Torrie has been. Just because we don't detail everything out here doesn't mean we haven't done due dilligence before saying Unleashed has been a better experience.

Sponsored

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
You missed my point, I had the exact opposite experience with unleashed, so it's just your experience, you might to be more specific because people do take to heart when you call out a company. Again that's your experience, I had an amazing experience and I think my bana tune was better, but I'm not on here calling torrie out, or saying how much better Bama is then unleashed. By the way my roommate got on my account the other night and was posting stuff and being a jerk, he is a Chevy lover and thought it would be cute to screw with me, so if anyone saw those posts please ignore, I got my bana SCT tuner and tune within 2 days and I had as many tunes and revisions made within I the hour like torrie, so again opposite experiences

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
*Bama

3AlarmStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Oxford White EcoBoost Auto
I data logged multiple times with my Bama tune. I went with them based off what I had read online before ever joining this forum and also from a personal recommendation from a friend who only drives V-8's and only uses Bama. The data logging and revisions never seemed to make a difference. My unleashed tune still has not been data logged and is running superior to my revised Baja V2 tunes. I feel justified saying Unleashed is a better tune than Bama. I also have had numerous customer service issues with the shipping and receiving times of my SCT Tuner and tune email times compared to how fast Torrie has been. Just because we don't detail everything out here doesn't mean we haven't done due dilligence before saying Unleashed has been a better experience.
I had a similar issue with Bama. My Race tune was terrible. I called them and told them my issues ( not making boost shift out of first was poor) I am all stock and they said their tune was fine. Didn't offer any data logging to be submitted either. On top of when I first got my Mustang and joined the forums I told them I had an SCT X3 and they said I just needed to purchase the tune, that the tuner would work (which of course we all now know is false). But, they never bothered to contact me while I waited on that tune to tell me this. So, 4 days later I called and they said oh, the X3 doesn't work. So, I should've taken that as an eye opener. But, we live and learn. If the poster above is happier with Bama than Unleashed then so be it. But, all I know is Torrie has done a hell of a job with the EB and it is way better than the tunes from Bama and his prompt responses and insight is greatly appreciated.

tmcphail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 RS3 Roush Mustang
I just had a customer submit this :