Sponsored

Unleashed Tuning

tittermary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just can not say it enough how awesome Torrie's tunes are. It seems just about every day someone wants to run against the new Mustang and every challenge ends in "no f!!!ing way that's a turbo 4!"
Today, I'm at the light in the turning lane to get onto the entrance ramp for I-75 southbound. Cady CTS-V sedan behind me revving his engine. Light turns green and I'm gone, WOT up the long ramp doing triple digits before getting on the highway. Cady is not catching me, it actually appeared to me that I was pulling away. We both got off the very next exit, I'm in the right lane he's in the left lane, and says "I couldn't catch you, you were pulling away from me, is that the new GT?" :D
From a dig, these all seasons just dont grip for shit but once that initial spin is done this is an Ecobeast! I love the looks on their faces when I say its a turbo 4 :lol:
have you got a 1/4 mile time?
Sponsored

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
These turbo 4's will certainly surprise people.

ATLDesigns550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
craigbrimanson.myportfolio.com
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Ecoboost
Launch control for manuals yes. Burnouts you can do stock :)
Is this something that we have to request? How does this work, does it add the feature in the center dash like the GT's?

tmcphail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 RS3 Roush Mustang
Yes
I set a non motion limiter to the RPM you request. With the vehicle sitting still you peg the throttle it will retain that rpm, dump the clutch and go.

mpd3244

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Performance Package, Ruby Red
Hi guys...need some help....hopefully didn't send this twice??

Anyway, bought my unleashed tune. Torrie has been great, and I'd prefer not to bother him any more than I already have. If any of you can help, would be much appreciated.
Installed tune with no issues. Torrie asked that I datalog so I can get it more refined. I did the datalog from the file stored in the X4. Sent that to Torrie. Torrie says I needed to use a different file, so he emailed me the cf4 file. It is my understanding that I must download this file onto the x4 and then datalog. Well, I can download it all day to my livelink, but I cannot figure out for the life in me how to transfer it to my x4. The only videos I see deal with the older x3 device, and I am at my wits end. Anyone have some step by step instructions? Thanks

Sponsored

tmcphail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 RS3 Roush Mustang
You use live link to do that. if you email me ill send it to you

mpd3244

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Performance Package, Ruby Red
......do I have to have my computer connected to the x4 while it's in the car? I was under the impression that the x4 didn't need a computer connected to it to collect data??

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
Torrie has been working on my E30 tune. If you have the availability, it's worth it. I have been using the 0-60 timer to test changes. It ran a 4.9 in drizzle, slightly moist road, ~85 ambient.

4.9 with an auto, 3.15 gears, and blowing traction control up. If it will hook, it's gone.

This is easily a 4.6-7 car with some tires.

I would say that if you want anything from this car other than looks and handling, you need to put your money on the unleashed tune first. This is the best bang for your buck by far. Coupled with outstanding customer support, I honestly think Torrie could get away with nearly double the price. I won't mention how much it cost to have Mike Murillo tune my s/c'd beast but I tell you the results were nowhere near as impressive or as well communicated.

I can't wait until I can get that intercooler in and finish things up. I'm impressed, so much so that I'm finding it hard to drive my daily driver Triumph to work...

tmcphail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 RS3 Roush Mustang
Thank you for the kind words.

Sponsored

tmcphail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 RS3 Roush Mustang
Also note for the remainder of the month of August I have a free shipping coupon that you can use on any SCT programmer. Use coupon code OX10KR04IYV

Link :

http://www.unleashedtuning.com/

murphy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Torrie has been working on my E30 tune. If you have the availability, it's worth it. I have been using the 0-60 timer to test changes. It ran a 4.9 in drizzle, slightly moist road, ~85 ambient.

4.9 with an auto, 3.15 gears, and blowing traction control up. If it will hook, it's gone.

This is easily a 4.6-7 car with some tires.

I would say that if you want anything from this car other than looks and handling, you need to put your money on the unleashed tune first. This is the best bang for your buck by far. Coupled with outstanding customer support, I honestly think Torrie could get away with nearly double the price. I won't mention how much it cost to have Mike Murillo tune my s/c'd beast but I tell you the results were nowhere near as impressive or as well communicated.

I can't wait until I can get that intercooler in and finish things up. I'm impressed, so much so that I'm finding it hard to drive my daily driver Triumph to work...
I love my E30 tune, too! I have a manual with Perilli all shitty season tires so no matter what I do, I can't get the car to hook up. The tune just shreds these tires. My best 0-60 is 5.4 but I can drift like Foust! Plan is to put in an ic then do a winter wheel tire package in a few months then come spring put some super sports on the stock wheels with some springs and braces and should definitely see better results. Until then, I'm having a blast drifting, doing burnouts, shredding these shitty tires!

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I love my E30 tune, too! I have a manual with Perilli all shitty season tires so no matter what I do, I can't get the car to hook up. The tune just shreds these tires. My best 0-60 is 5.4 but I can drift like Foust! Plan is to put in an ic then do a winter wheel tire package in a few months then come spring put some super sports on the stock wheels with some springs and braces and should definitely see better results. Until then, I'm having a blast drifting, doing burnouts, shredding these shitty tires!
Are you fully disabling TC & Advance track, and also brake boosting or dropping the clutch? (Hold TC OFF switch for more than 5 secs).

I don't get much tire spin unless I disable both. Granted, I have sticky 275s on the rear :)

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
I wish I could use these stock AS for winter but I'm putting the 6 piston brembo's up front so it looks like I will be parking over the winter months when it gets nasty. That means I need to go ahead and just enjoy beating these tires to oblivion. I may try much lower pressure and get a little aggressive with the launch. Probably won't get much of anywhere but maybe a tenth, the foot print is just too narrow and the tread has no real bite on the Hankooks. I thought about dropping some VHT on my "test track" but it may be frowned upon.

I actually encountered something I have yet to encounter in the EB: wheel hop. It chattered and spun through first and then just straight spun when 2nd hit. That's what I was looking for! A good reason to really tie up the rear suspension.

I plan to mainly open track the car so right now I'm piecing together a solid setup that isn't over the top. Small incremental changes have been successful for me in the past.

It's going to be hard to leave it alone with just a tune, intercooler, and most likely an intake, especially with the awakening that has occurred. I had planned to swap pumpkins and run 3.31's or 3.55's. There doesn't seem to be a need now.

It's also really tough not reverting back to my past and tossing some welds, slicks, and huge snail and going commando down the 1320, lol. I need to make it past 1000 miles first.

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
Are you fully disabling TC & Advance track, and also brake boosting or dropping the clutch? (Hold TC OFF switch for more than 5 secs).

I don't get much tire spin unless I disable both. Granted, I have sticky 275s on the rear :)
I've done that and left off idle and with boost. Building boost either way it is tire destruction. Even off idle with the nannies off it burns em up when boost comes on. This thing requires much more tire before it will comply with TC/AT off.

I've played with all possible variations in launch and have determined that the max with this setup is 4.9, maybe a 4.8 with a cool front.

What 275's are you running? I got Nitti Invo's to get me around until Spring when I plan to get some track wheels and use my Super Sports.
Sponsored