Sponsored

Underside Photos from Mustang Alley

WestRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3
I had some wireless access problems last night and could not post other photos. I have a bunch more that I will try to post by tomorrow evening (or tonight if I don't get back home too late and am not pooped out from the travel).
People have crossed oceans, armies marched across great plains, and here we modern people trying to post pictures online :-).
Sponsored

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
They had the 5.0 on its.side at Laguna Seca yesterday. The exhaust was the same way, muffler was integral to the center resonator.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Thanks for the underbody fotos. I sat in on a dealer training session and the Factory Rep said that the front aeropan would have to be swung down to access the filter and drain (same as pre-2015 models). I am relieved that I can continue to change my own oil.

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
They had the 5.0 on its.side at Laguna Seca yesterday. The exhaust was the same way, muffler was integral to the center resonator.
And you forgot to take pics to share ??

Doug

Sponsored

eleanor5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MY
Here's my pics from a D7000 with a Sigma f/1.8 18-35mm.
I've slightly overexposed and punched out the shadows so you can see more. Since I never owned a '13-14 I'm curious, how much is different?

http://imgur.com/a/dmNqW

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
I See the Filter at the Top Right (Yellow Arrow) which would be behind the Left Front Wheel. I Believe the Oil Drain Plug will be On the Right Side of the Pan (Red Arrow) Both of which are Behind the Cross Member as well as Behind the Underbody Front Pan.

I have to say I'm very impressed with how Flat the Overall Bottom of the Car is. It looks like tge Engineers paid quite a bit of Attention to Tucking Everything Up into the Underbody for Better Aerodynamics.
So I was Wrong about the placement of the Oil Drain Plug. It was a little washed out in the Prvious Pic which I Assumed had the Drain Plug on the Passenger Side of the Oil Pan at the End of the Cone Shape cast into the bottom of the Pan Indicated by the Red Arrow. The Drain Plug Appears Clearly in this Picture at the Rear of the Pan. Indicated by the Blue Arrow. With the Oil Filter Located behind the Left/Driver's Side Front Wheel. (Yellow Arrow) Which Appears that from this Angle the Opening for the Filter will be Far Enough Behind the Cross Member to Clear any Drainage/Drip Issues onto the Cross Member, Especially if the car is elevated from the Front, which also makes the placement of the Oil Drain Plug at the Rear of the Pan Brilliant. You should Easily be able to use One Drain Pan for the Oil and Filter with this Arrangement.
2014-08-17-17-23-59.jpg

S550Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2018 Focus RS
Look up boss 302 underside. Ford displayed it on its side.
It isn't any more or less flat because it's just an earlier evolution of the same thing. Excepting the pointless side exhaust.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412851523.222899.jpg
12Boss302_MediaDrive62_HR.jpg

Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Swoope

Zoom-Freakin'-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
15 GTI PP / 04 Rx8 track car
Here's my pics from a D7000 with a Sigma f/1.8 18-35mm.
I've slightly overexposed and punched out the shadows so you can see more. Since I never owned a '13-14 I'm curious, how much is different?
wow,

impressive job, answers lots of questions...

beers

Feeshta

Threads
Reaction score
It isn't any more or less flat because it's just an earlier evolution of the same thing. Excepting the pointless side exhaust.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412851523.222899.jpg
Am I the only one who looks at this and immediately sees the dent in the upper pipe on the far right of the image? Is that maybe a resonator?

OP
OP
Tony Alonso

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Am I the only one who looks at this and immediately sees the dent in the upper pipe on the far right of the image? Is that maybe a resonator?
This was characteristic of the S197s (I know at least starting 2010, and perhaps before). It was done on purpose as part of an assembly process. I can't remember why.
Sponsored