luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
Hello everybody,

after cleaning my new EU version s550 I noticed there are generous amounts of underbody sealant on the wheels, as per the attached pictures.
A normal clean with neutral shampoo does nothing to it.

How can I get rid of this without damaging the paint of the wheels?
I can and will remove the wheels from the car.

Thanks,
Luca

IMG_0563.jpg

IMG_0564.jpg

IMG_0565.jpg
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
If you can't get it off, having them painted by a wheel repair shop may be the best bet.. Try 100 percent isopropyl.

OP
OP
luca1290

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
If you can't get it off, having them painted by a wheel repair shop may be the best bet.. Try 100 percent isopropyl.
I made a test yesterday evening on a little piece and tar remover does away with it.
Now I just have to remove the 4 wheels, clean them inside out with soap and then microfiber the hell out of them with tar remover.

I love this car but hate the intercontinental transportation. One week I'm owning her, one week I'm finding and fixing flaws because of the transport.

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
Are you getting the underbody and cavities done properly?
It will be the same inadequate patchwork as on all EU models.
E.g. your sprayed wheels or the "protected" exhaust pipes instead of underbody...

Btw., personally, I would write a list and put the car in the seller's yard for a week and pick out a free rental car there.

OP
OP
luca1290

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Are you getting the underbody and cavities done properly?
It will be the same inadequate patchwork as on all EU models.
What do you mean? I can't understand.
I also can't understand why EU models comes with this thing sprayed on, because as fas as my knowledge goes, this thing isn't sprayed on domestic cars.

Cars are rust proof by themselves, the metal sheets are all hot-dip galvanized or passivated...

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
Read up on this, see how vehicles will soon look like from underneath after winter operation. It starts in the rear at the impact beam.

Look at the gaps and sheet metal edges on the underbody.
The best sheet metal protection is used up at some point and then it turns brown, starting at the edges and cavations.
Look at a modern Fiat from below and compare, look into the cavities there. Even Fiat has learned how to do this (at least for German market).

Some impressions what can be done: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...your-eu-s550-mustang-today.27457/post-3654340

PS: I work in a steel mill with flat steel production and modern galvanizing lines.
I know what the processes can do today.
Depending on how long you want to keep the car, and how the weather is with you (sea air, winter operation) you should deal with it.

PPS: No one understands what they are doing with the underbody in Bremerhaven, especially since it is not even the neurological points that are being messed up.
Sponsored

Last edited: