robbob144

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
All UK cars that have been ordered in one of the 3 discontinued colours will be built before the cut off in late April as the MY17 cars start getting built from early June.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Sponsored

RoyalGuard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
That can't be true, if someone ordered a Guard etc a day before the configuration changed (few weeks ago) their car would be built and delivered before someone who ordered a continuing colour a year ago

I have heard that people will just have to pick another colour, ford haven't said anything to me but my friends in the states said that's what's happening,

MY17 starts April 1st

robbob144

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you order a one now it will be a MY17 with the 3 new colour options and sync 3 but these cats are not getting built until June at the earliest and I got this info from my local dealer who have shown me the info they have had from Ford UK there was no mention of orders that have been placed with one of the three discontinued colours having to be changed as far as i can see they will honour the current orders there has been no suggestion of anything other from Ford so far.

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
If you order a one now it will be a MY17 with the 3 new colour options and sync 3 but these cats are not getting built until June at the earliest and I got this info from my local dealer who have shown me the info they have had from Ford UK there was no mention of orders that have been placed with one of the three discontinued colours having to be changed as far as i can see they will honour the current orders there has been no suggestion of anything other from Ford so far.

I don't think they can physically order a MY17 yet so shouldn't really be taking deposits. I'm sure someone got turned away from ordering recently

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Kent Mustang on MFUk are taking deposits for MY17 cars, however will hold these until the car gets put through in April.

All cars that were meant to be Guard/DIB and CO ordered BEFORE they were dropped, will get made to that spec, unless you were incredibly late/dealer was late, then i'm sure you'd get to 'respec' to a new colour.

You however CURRENTLY can't go into MOST showrooms and order DIB/Guard/ CO or Ligning/Grabber Blue & New White cars, but the latter 3 you'll be able to in april, former 3 are gone for good.

Last edited:

robbob144

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have ordered a MY17 car and I know they have been able to take orders since the 1st of march for MY17 cars the dates relating to the order books opening in April are for the US, since the UK has a limited amount of cars we can order they can open our 2017 book earlier it doesn't mean the cars will get built any quicker or earlier though [emoji23]

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
A lot of hearsay being passed off as fact tonight. Just because a dealer said or does it doesnt make it true.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=20439]Jimboy2[/MENTION] bollocks, totally passed my mind as they all look Race Red, come at me! No I did know it was bl00dy CO, changing my previous post.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MyMilkshake...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 M4 Competition & Tuned DS3R The Stang Killer
I have heard similar stuff as RoyalGuard, I'm trusting the Americans over our dealers lol!

I heard that they stopped taking orders on MY16 cars on the 4th March... They get cars within a week factory build so I'm worried about my Guard, I would assume if it's not built before the end of this week I will have to repick a colour, such is life

Not a drama... I love the car :)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Well my DIB won't be built until the end of April and I'm not worried in the slightest
I wouldn't be, it'll go through as DIB mate, it's heresay at the moment. If not, just do a 'Manders' and give it a whole 'I wanted this, you should give me this, if not fork out the difference and give me X new blue colour'

hod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting a GB Mustang 5.0L V8 Auto - Drives RRS
Changed my original colour to one of the new ones and it was fine. Even received a confirmation text message from Ford saying their system has been updated with the new colour request and my original delivery date won't be affected.

We shall see.

robbob144

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That's good to hear [MENTION=21218]hod[/MENTION] will be interesting to see how it goes.

Sponsored