mustangguy64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Convertible
Taken from elsewhere on the forum -

2017 Mustang Changeover Dates
by admin • January 13, 2016 • News • Comments Off • 4777

With the turn of the new year and the 2016 Mustang more than halfway through its sales cycle, we look ahead at some key dates for buyers looking to get into an S550 now or in the near future.

For those planning to order a 2016 Mustang instead of picking one up off the lot, you have until March 4, 2016 to get your retail orders in. Order banks for the 2017 Mustang are tentatively set for April 4, with Job 1 production scheduled to commence shortly after on June 2, 2016.

Of course, all of the dates are subject to change, but this provides the general time frame for the 2017 model year changeover, and with it some expected changes and new features.
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Taken from elsewhere on the forum -

2017 Mustang Changeover Dates
by admin • January 13, 2016 • News • Comments Off • 4777

With the turn of the new year and the 2016 Mustang more than halfway through its sales cycle, we look ahead at some key dates for buyers looking to get into an S550 now or in the near future.

For those planning to order a 2016 Mustang instead of picking one up off the lot, you have until March 4, 2016 to get your retail orders in. Order banks for the 2017 Mustang are tentatively set for April 4, with Job 1 production scheduled to commence shortly after on June 2, 2016.

Of course, all of the dates are subject to change, but this provides the general time frame for the 2017 model year changeover, and with it some expected changes and new features.
Thanks for the info :thumbsup:!

Bloke over on MFUk just ordered a grabber blue, mustang config site is +£500 quid on base price with sync 3 and 3 new colours in, assuming you can put orders through at that price spec etc already, for a My17 this is.

robbob144

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I would guess from that info that the dealers will hold the order until April 4th then it will get processed if you have ordered a MY17 then or have I missed something?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I would guess from that info that the dealers will hold the order until April 4th then it will get processed if you have ordered a MY17 then or have I missed something?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
I would assume so, put the order through now, wait till they can be taken, or if ford is pragmatic, then, the system will 'wait' until it loads on fully to prevent overlays, but lets be honest it probably is more likely they'll wait to put the order through :lol:

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

SSC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Still no build date :(
Still the same for me, sent emails to dealer and Stacey, everything has went quiet on the update front. I have no idea if car is built, no vin, nada :frusty:

Ian Magnetic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Got the VIN on 16th February, just checked emails and I was advised build week commencing 14th March ? Not sure how reliable that info is though...

Heretian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex GT in TY. Now GT Shadow in RR
got an email back from stacey. scheduled for build next week. no window sticker yet but had my vin since 16th feb. looks like me and [MENTION=17540]NornIron91[/MENTION] and [MENTION=21441]Ian Magnetic[/MENTION] will be on the line together. August 9th 2015 order date.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like vins for you three have come through prematurley, maybe they gave you a vin, but then bumped your build dates backward due to the cars destroyed in the storm filling that build spot.

Window sticker should pop a week before build date. So window stickers should be coming up this week @Ian Magnetic @NornIron91 @Heretian. Karen and Stacey are very rarely off the mark with build dates unless something external breaks through and causes the changes, vista has dates on it before ETIS does.

@SSC Send an email to [email protected] but change the subject header to 'Mustang Update?'. Then put your order number and other info in the actual text body, usually works for getting a reply ;).

Sponsored

SSC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
@SSC Send an email to [email protected] but change the subject header to 'Mustang Update?'. Then put your order number and other info in the actual text body, usually works for getting a reply ;)

That's the email I used to contact Stacey, still awaiting replies, normally quite quick but nothing as yet. My dealer pretty much seems to be selective on answering, sent a few emails in the past and got no answer, even phoned reception asking if they could send an update. I do wish ford would invest in a car tracking system like VW, I was kept upto date every step of the way through their self tracking link.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, would be nice, but most ford systems take an age to update, so doubt it'd be any better helping you lol!

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I emailed Stacy at Ford today. Since my finance documents say delivery is next week (10 days total from when I got said documents, and more than possible) and my dealer said that delivery is April 9th, I decided to get to the bottom of this and attempt to get a straight answer.

The response was basically "neither, its mid April". :frusty:

email stacy.PNG

I just want my car :(
I'm at the point where I'm not angry any more, just disappointed and a little upset.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I emailed Stacy at Ford today. Since my finance documents say delivery is next week (10 days total from when I got said documents, and more than possible) and my dealer said that delivery is April 9th, I decided to get to the bottom of this and attempt to get a straight answer.

The response was basically "neither, its mid April". :frusty:
I haven't emailed the helpdesk since the Monday before we got notification of the cars being on Tarago. I rarely find it makes anything any clearer, and once other forum members advised their cars were on the boat I just waited on mine loading and followed it to Belgium from there. I'm going to hold off emailing until the WWL tracker updates to Delivered (Southampton?).
I will be attempting to talk to my dealer however...

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I haven't emailed the helpdesk since the Monday before we got notification of the cars being on Tarago. I rarely find it makes anything any clearer, and once other forum members advised their cars were on the boat I just waited on mine loading and followed it to Belgium from there. I'm going to hold off emailing until the WWL tracker updates to Delivered (Southampton?).
I will be attempting to talk to my dealer however...
If it doesn't say delivered to Southampton on the 16th next week then I'll just have to hold my breath for the 9th of April.

Else I'm phoning my dealer and getting it prioritized!

Code:
if(car.southampton()){
    transporter.now();
} else {
    selfPity.wallow();
}
Some coding humour for you all, because I'm a sad strange little man
Sponsored