UK Mustang delivery

Belly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT Auto, July build, Sept Arrival
Congratulations on the birth..... I think now its built you can at least follow progress such at the dock / on a boat but its real. I think mine is still a 20 tonne roll of steel sitting in a warehouse somewhere. I would sincerely like to compare waiting agony on "yet to be built" v "built" but I can't and thus I am jealous.
So the next question is what was the order date? I am guessing sometime in Late Fed / March?
Cheers Goosey, you are correct. Order was 4 th March. Seems a long time ago!!
Sponsored

SteveyB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT fastback, Ruby Red Auto, custom.
My replacement car was made 12th July and status on 21st was location US docks, checking WWL daily but no ship assigned yet. Went for a test drive today in Bristol, first time I've even sat in one, there was a bit of drizzle so treated it with great respect. Seemed comfortable and quiet even though it was a vert but not at all the beast I was expecting. There sitting in the showroom was the car they ordered by mistake for me and it will be difficult to sell with no extras. Disappointed to see it had paint defects and a chip on the door as big as a fingernail, just how do they build these things and then knock them about?
Hopefully I will be pleased with mine but I'm not as keen as I once was.

McXtravert

Threads
Reaction score
Cambridgeshire, formerly Aberdeen, Scotland
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Competition Orange
They seemed a friendly bunch.
Great news; when you collecting? :thumbsup:
In about a months time. Got a couple weeks holidays coming up and then might as well wait for the 66 reg year! Tortuous knowing it is so close but I've waited 8 months, whats a few more weeks (so I keep telling myself :lol:)

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
In about a months time. Got a couple weeks holidays coming up and then might as well wait for the 66 reg year! Tortuous knowing it is so close but I've waited 8 months, whats a few more weeks (so I keep telling myself :lol:)
With the holiday in there it makes perfect sense :thumbsup:

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
I have been informed by Stacey that my April 24th order has still not been submitted for a build date, so looks likely to be an Oct build now. Does anyone know how often they submit them for build, I was told to check back in August (I actually asked on the 3rd) but if they only do this monthly it seems pointless asking until the next batch of submissions has gone through?

Sponsored

Bronzetooth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I have been informed by Stacey that my April 24th order has still not been submitted for a build date, so looks likely to be an Oct build now. Does anyone know how often they submit them for build, I was told to check back in August (I actually asked on the 3rd) but if they only do this monthly it seems pointless asking until the next batch of submissions has gone through?
I was told by Stacey a while back they only get the build schedules at the end of the month, so for an October build schedule you want to be chasing the first few days of September. Good luck :thumbsup:

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
I was told by Stacey a while back they only get the build schedules at the end of the month, so for an October build schedule you want to be chasing the first few days of September. Good luck :thumbsup:
Well i hope its early Oct otherwise there will be questions asked !! If not then it will be 6 months between ordering and building the thing !! Hey ho - stay calm , stay calm

SteveyB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Just seen on the WWL website that my car is now booked onto their system after being at Baltimore since 21st July. It is also scheduled to sail on the Figaro on 10th August arriving Zeebrugge on 21st August. Hopefully I should be looking at a mid September delivery.

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
Just seen on the WWL website that my car is now booked onto their system after being at Baltimore since 21st July. It is also scheduled to sail on the Figaro on 10th August arriving Zeebrugge on 21st August. Hopefully I should be looking at a mid September delivery.
Fingers crossed for you, that would be a good turn around time from build to UK delivery. When you know it's your car and it's on the way I am sure it will all feel different. IN the meantime I have been a royal PITA to all having been told my car missed Sept build slot. I hate every body and everything !!! But I still feel good for those who have cars on the way,

SteveyB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Fingers crossed for you, that would be a good turn around time from build to UK delivery. When you know it's your car and it's on the way I am sure it will all feel different. IN the meantime I have been a royal PITA to all having been told my car missed Sept build slot. I hate every body and everything !!! But I still feel good for those who have cars on the way,
My original car was about 6 months from order to build but unfortunately now sits unsold in Bristol at ÂŁ37k and without any toys. At least Stacey pulled out all the stops to get me a replacement and if it does arrive in September then it's about the timescale I was originally quoted when ordered in December. I think their logistics are really rubbish, I've had two new X5s made and delivered from the USA in a fraction of the time Fords take. For it to take a month to get from factory to on a ship in the same country is unbelievable. I don't suppose there's any burning platform for them to improve so long as we all clamour to buy their product and grudgingly play the waiting game.
Since December I've seen all this frustration played out with many familiar names on this forum who now have got their precious cars. Unfortunately for a few that's where the really frustrating phase began, with cars plagued by poor build quality and mechanical faults. If Ford don't resolve these issues they will see their orders fall. I'm reserving judgement but with the pound falling I can see these cars increasing in price and no one wants to pay ÂŁ40k+ for a poorly assembled bag of nuts and bolts when there is real quality and excitement to be had for similar amounts much closer to home.
Your waiting time will pass quicker reading the tales of others but the anxiety over the decision to purchase will increase.
Hopefully you will get a build date very soon and for both our sakes I hope we see Ford beginning to resolve a few issues and improving their customer service for our forum friends.:amen:

Sponsored
OP
OP
stevec

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Mate, ypu have to put some perspective on this.

There are a handful of issues and mainly owners that are as happy as Larry with their cars.

The cars are hardly 'plagued' with faults. Most owners have had very few problems and are just enjoying an amazing Muscle car. BMW quality? Maybe not but nor is it BMW money. Its a 400+ Muscle car for posh family saloon money.

Ford are crap at PR, crap at after sales and crap at pre delivery information.

The car, like many new cars, is having a few issues.

I wouldnt let that stop me getting one, or worry about one I have coming.

Mustang Cally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2013 Insignia 1998 Land Rover 110
I was originally given a mid September date to pick up my Mustang, but I've been eagerly tracking its every move ever since like some impatient expectant father.
Two days ago it completed its hazardous journey across the Atlantic and was discharged into the loving meticulous hands of the undersealing craftsmen in Zeebrugge.
Thinking I was just a couple of weeks away from caressing its curves for the very first time you can imagine my surprise to be contacted by my dealer to be told my delivery has been put back to October !
Either those crazy Belgiumers love my car too much to let it go and need two months thrashing it up and down the docks or I've been tracking the wrong car all these months and mine is still, as the dealer insists, still sat at Baltimore staring longingly out to sea... :shrug:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I was originally given a mid September date to pick up my Mustang, but I've been eagerly tracking its every move ever since like some impatient expectant father.
Two days ago it completed its hazardous journey across the Atlantic and was discharged into the loving meticulous hands of the undersealing craftsmen in Zeebrugge.
Thinking I was just a couple of weeks away from caressing its curves for the very first time you can imagine my surprise to be contacted by my dealer to be told my delivery has been put back to October !
Either those crazy Belgiumers love my car too much to let it go and need two months thrashing it up and down the docks or I've been tracking the wrong car all these months and mine is still, as the dealer insists, still sat at Baltimore staring longingly out to sea... :shrug:
October? No.
You're looking in the next 2 weeks. Zeebrugge is 2 weeks maximum, Southampton is a week if pushed correctly, 2 weeks est. 3 weeks worst case (September pickup easily).

Unless Zeebrugge are now undersealing properly, and if they're using fords nevercure underseal - maybe 2yrs.
Sponsored