Sponsored

UK Mustang delivery

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I have the same build date as you and have noticed on ETIS today all the coils are added now so that has to be good news!

Karen and Stacey have been very good with updates for me and if I hear anything else I will post here and vice verse perhaps?

Their last update a few days ago was gate release and they were requesting the car was prioritised a vessel ASAP...
Yes, will do, last I heard from Karen was a few days ago and she was waiting for a train to take her to the docks, so she could be still waiting or at the docks :)
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=21573]twiggy[/MENTION] No rant as of yet, rant will come tomorrow (wont be a new thread) assuming there's no update from anyone. Was told i'd be on the WWL Tysla, i've had no update confirming i'll be on this ship/have been booked on it, WWL site isn't updating to say i've been put on that boat either, yet quite a handful are showing they've been booked on it.
[MENTION=21441]Ian Magnetic[/MENTION] i'm sure I will :) Key Ring wasn't top of my potential purchases either, just looked cool and a friend bought me it for my 21st so can't complain too much, looks the bomb too.
[MENTION=14613]SteveS[/MENTION] I hope this is the case and WWL just is updating slowly, my main worry comes from no confirmation from Karen/Stacey about the boat... :/

@Quirkster [MENTION=21522]Eclipsar[/MENTION] yep, you're both going to be either on a train now, or be on a train very soon heading to baltimore, takes a couple of days for Ford systems to update that you're in Baltimore (Mine didn't update until 17/02, but I left flatrock 14/02) Nice to see you guys moving, and I may, or may not see you in the docks haha!

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
@Quirkster [MENTION=21522]Eclipsar[/MENTION] yep, you're both going to be either on a train now, or be on a train very soon heading to baltimore, takes a couple of days for Ford systems to update that you're in Baltimore (Mine didn't update until 17/02, but I left flatrock 14/02) Nice to see you guys moving, and I may, or may not see you in the docks haha!
We are trying to catch you up and sneak onto the same boat as you :lol:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
We are trying to catch you up and sneak onto the same boat as you :lol:
I don't even know what boat i'm actually going to be on, could be the TYSLA could be the Tijuca :headbonk:. Should be the Tysla though :gossip:

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know why you keep thinking that these "promises" you get are solid. I can't imagin Karen or Stacey can contact the port and say "this car needs to be on a ship". Your in a que and will be put on when there is space available.
Other than the fact that they can do that :doh:.

Words a word, and regardless of what you do, saying it will be on XYZ and if it doesn't is bad customer service, regardless of who does it. Not digging at anyone yet as there's still leway to get it up, just getting very anxious about the whole thing, and a lil worried.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Words a word, and regardless of what you do, saying it will be on XYZ and if it doesn't is bad customer service, regardless of who does it.
This much is true, and IMO Ford have been guilty of passing off estimated dates as actuals. Most of the early orders were given build dates that didn't happen. However the question is whether the helpdesk said the car WOULD be on a boat or if they'd TRY to get it on a boat. I've always believed that what's not said is as important as what is ;)

From personal experience I'm not sure I believe that the process can be influenced from the UK with the possible exception of special circumstances (like spontaneous combustion...). The other issue would be that if a car could be prioritised it follows that another car has to be bumped. Who'd be that car...?

Just my opinion :thumbsup:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=14613]SteveS[/MENTION] Email said 'Weve requested the car be put on the next boat, WWL tysla sails 04/03, WWL tijuca sails a week or so later (We've asked to be the next boat so it WILL BE on the Tysla)

I've paraphrased that, but not changed any terms of wording.

Not sure who's car would be bumped down, not a Mustang i'd hope, if anything I think it'll be another car or Ford just ask for an extra slot on the boat and take it off someone else, things like that, more than dropping a mustang slot someone else may have been on, but as with everything, a dark art we know not a great deal about and can only speculate.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Email said 'Weve requested the car be put on the next boat, WWL tysla sails 04/03, WWL tijuca sails a week or so later (We've asked to be the next boat so it WILL BE on the Tysla)
If they actually said your car will be on the next boat then you have grounds to feel aggrieved - not sure if the bracketed bit was Karen or the paraphrasing. However if they just said they'd requested it then I think that's a bit wooly. I request lots of stuff I don't get ;)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
If they actually said your car will be on the next boat then you have grounds to feel aggrieved - not sure if the bracketed bit was Karen or the paraphrasing. However if they just said they'd requested it then I think that's a bit wooly. I request lots of stuff I don't get ;)
I'll PM you the email, see what you think, saves me flooding this topic with my woes.:headbonk:

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Ignore previous posts, Karens just emailed me:

"Im sorry to be the bearer of the not so good news. It didnt make the Tysla, but it has made the Tijuca which leaves on the 14th March" (then an explanation).
Apparently there's 800 mustangs at the Baltimore port.

Now if i do a little bit of working out:

Tijuca Leaves 14th March & Arrives in Zebrugge 24/03. If it's then another 2 weeks in Zebrugge, i'll be in southampton on 7/04 which means pickup could be anytime a week after that (14/04), so maybe looking at 22/23rd April??

At least I now have a ship that means I can start selling my car based on the above timelines.

TL;DR I AM GOING TO BE ON THE TIJUCA, AND IF NOT THERE WILL BE ANOTHER INCREDIBLY ANNOYED SAGA :lol::lol:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I'll PM you the email, see what you think, saves me flooding this topic with my woes.:headbonk:
Yes, I can see why you'd be p*ssed, were your car not to make the next boat.

EDIT: Oh well, now you know. About six weeks from now could be party time...

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I can see why you'd be p*ssed, were your car not to make the next boat.
It didn't make the Tysla, it's going to be on the Tijuca (Apparently). :frusty::frusty:

See post above yours.

twiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Other than the fact that they can do that :doh:.

Words a word, and regardless of what you do, saying it will be on XYZ and if it doesn't is bad customer service, regardless of who does it. Not digging at anyone yet as there's still leway to get it up, just getting very anxious about the whole thing, and a lil worried.
Think you need to stop all this worry, it can't be doing you any good, we're all in the same vote, I even met a guy the other day at the Newlands Corner meet who had his car written off whilst waiting at the docks for a boat, he now has to wait months for a new car to be built, he was very relaxed by it and said it comes when it comes, really felt for him. If I had my way i'd say to him have mine (if it was the same spec) as you've been waiting longer but sadly that's not possible.

Just sit back and relax, and remember the longer it takes for it to come the more pay days pass then the less you have to find on hand over day, try to make some positives from the negatives, honest it may help.

Just a friendly thought :)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, i'm taking psotivies in person but kind of airing the negatives out on the forums, it's quite a double aproach.

The main stress comes from Organising wrap/parts to come for the same week, organising insurance (current and new car), organising pickup date (not yet, just estimating it), organising sale of current car (and the prep that insues that), think it's more this stress than when it comes, i'd be happily told 'Itll be here april 20th (or whatever) and i'd have 0 stress in the world as i could organise around it. Bit of a control freak you see :)
Sponsored