Two Messages on Dash

OP
OP

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
Looks like we identified my issue. Baffles in the mufflers are getting stuck. Service Department has ordered everything from the xpipe back. Hopefully replaced in the next week or two. In the meantime I can drive it (track day tomorrow) but I can't pick my driving modes.

As a side note - the service department where I live is top notch. I've never had better service then these fellas on Vancouver Island. On both of my cars so far.
Sponsored

czaustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manuals and DCT
Looks like we identified my issue. Baffles in the mufflers are getting stuck. Service Department has ordered everything from the xpipe back. Hopefully replaced in the next week or two. In the meantime I can drive it (track day tomorrow) but I can't pick my driving modes.

As a side note - the service department where I live is top notch. I've never had better service then these fellas on Vancouver Island. On both of my cars so far.
Interesting to know what these error codes mean. Glad you got/getting it taken care of.

Have a blast tomorrow!

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
Good info to know. Adding the errors as text below to aid futures searchers.

"Exhaust Mode Selection Not Available"
"Drive Mode Selection Not Available"

OP
OP

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks fellas. Not fixed yet. See what happens but that is the 'latest thought' on what is wrong.

Todays track day will be sans sport mode.

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
I've seen and heard of the exhaust cutout actuators getting stuck and causing the drive mode errors .... happy to see it resolved. You should be able to still set suspension and steering in sport and track mode

Sponsored

OP
OP

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've seen and heard of the exhaust cutout actuators getting stuck and causing the drive mode errors .... happy to see it resolved. You should be able to still set suspension and steering in sport and track mode
Wasn't able too (still aren't actually). When they get stuck it sends consistent error messages resetting the steering and suspension over and over. Really quite funny.

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
My guess would be that your dealer by mistake installed the 2018 firmware that includes an active exhaust protocol.
Wrong forum. All GT350s have active mode exhaust. '15/16/17/18

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
I had those messages appear one time towards the end of a track day. It was back to normal quickly.

OP
OP

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had those messages appear one time towards the end of a track day. It was back to normal quickly.
Lucky :)

My track day today was filled with the dash spamming me those messages and kicking me out of sport suspension and sport steering mode. On Vancouver Island Motorsport Track (HECTIC turning).

Made for an interesting day. We made the best of it. Truthfully the GT350 shouldn't be on that track anyway - to small and to many turns.
Sponsored