Twister Orange Caliper Color

Rix350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricky
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Hello and thanks in advance for any feedback.

My car is twister orange with gloss black stripes and metallic sliver accents pinstripes. I am looking to add color to the calipers and could have them powered coated twister orange.

If I change the accent (pinstripes) color to blue/red/yellow or ? I could paint the calipers to match and that might look better...

My question: has anyone changed the accent pinstripe color or painted the calipers on twister orange?

Only owned black or dark grey sport cars in the past and this one has me stumped.
IMG_3952.JPG
Sponsored

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2004 mystichrome cobra, 20 twister orange350R
This might sound crazy, but look into wrapping those calipers.... if you haven’t Powdercoated them by now... it’s a temporary fix if you ever want to go back... only reason I’m saying this is bc my buddy just had his car done and I thought it honestly was Powdercoated - check it out... only thing is with our cars, will rocks stuck inbetween the calipers and the rim destroy the wrap quicker than expected

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Wrap the calipers? I can't imagine that would last long due to the heat. I've read to paint them, not powder coat them.

Outside of orange, i don't know. I like the idea of matching the pin stripe, but i can't picture any of the colors you're mentioning, outside of maybe blue.

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2004 mystichrome cobra, 20 twister orange350R
My friend has a Lamborghini he brings to the track- and his calipers were wrapped never had an issue.... 526 hrse you read paint them not powder coat them? Little helpful hint.... our calipers are Powdercoated from the factory just a little fyi-

Sponsored

Vudoo_kev

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Wrap the calipers? I can't imagine that would last long due to the heat. I've read to paint them, not powder coat them.

Outside of orange, i don't know. I like the idea of matching the pin stripe, but i can't picture any of the colors you're mentioning, outside of maybe blue.
They make a high temp vinyl for wrapping brake calipers. Mine have been wrapped for the past year and are holding up just fine.

20201220_205915.jpg

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
White? Brave man! ;)

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Red is too common so I stepped out on a limb. White pairs well with avalanche gray.
Looks cool - was referring to the brake dust ;)

Sponsored

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
You have to be careful with the corresponding colors with orange. Typical complimentary pairings would be green or purple or blue. I chose to go with a much more simplistic matte black/silver pairing with my Orange Fury car. Not the same shade as Orange Fury, but close enough to be relevant.

49154994563_16452779dc_o.jpg

49340922788_ce527766e7_o.jpg

sxycc7i8ltagaxq0kgka.png

OP
OP
Rix350

Rix350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricky
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
This might sound crazy, but look into wrapping those calipers.... if you haven’t Powdercoated them by now... it’s a temporary fix if you ever want to go
This might sound crazy, but look into wrapping those calipers.... if you haven’t Powdercoated them by now... it’s a temporary fix if you ever want to go back... only reason I’m saying this is bc my buddy just had his car done and I thought it honestly was Powdercoated - check it out... only thing is with our cars, will rocks stuck inbetween the calipers and the rim destroy the wrap quicker than expected

many thanks for the feedback.
This is what I did, and felt like it was a good option. If I don’t like it I can pull it off or take a more permanent route later. So far I like the way it looks. I don’t track it but I do rip through the canyons and we have a trip coming up soon, it will get tested to the extreme.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
this is what I did over Christmas break, wrapped them twister orange from Bem

many thanks for the feedback.
This is what I did, and felt like it was a good option. If I don’t like it I can pull it off or take a more permanent route later. So far I like the way it looks. I don’t track it but I do rip through the canyons and we have a trip coming up soon, it will get tested to the extreme.
Pics or it didn't happen. :giggle: