Sponsored

Turbosmart raceport + Gates belt = MOAR BOOOST

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
Do you have a link to the turbo smart? Im assuming this works the same as the proflo?
Sponsored

OP
OP
SolarFlare

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Did you read my thread about the gates rpm belt ? When properly tensioned you can add 1-2 lbs over the green belt. its the same part # as the one you got only change the hd to rpm!!!! Im on the gates green now and love it the stock pc belt is not the same quality as these gates belts! I have an gates rpm belt on order!
No I didn’t see it. I’m finally nailing the tune down again, don’t want to throw it out of wack again.

OP
OP
SolarFlare

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
OP
OP
SolarFlare

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Some backup data. Car half tenth quicker and 3mph faster in way hotter weather with worse 60ft. I’d say these mods were well worth it.

pmor4243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I know this is a pretty old thread but figured I wouldn't start a new one.

I've had low boost issues with my P1X HO kit that I put on a couple of months back. My kit shipped with a 4.38" pulley that barely made 4.5-5psi (at the limiter) I dropped to a 4.25" pulley and that seemed to bump me up to 5-6psi range. I am now in the process of finalizing a new tune with the goal of targeting 9-10 psi, problem is, I am not at a 3.85" pulley and am barely seeing 7-7.5 psi at redline, most of the time it is closer to 6.5.

I did a smoke test and that checked out fine without any leaks (I had capped the bypass tube since that doesnt seal), I just got a new belt to try and rule out belt slip. Fuel trims have always been where they need to be, etc. Unfortunately I'm still running into the same problem and am about 3+ psi short of where I should be. It seems like the boost on this thing doesn't like to get past the 5-6 psi mark.

I plan to do a pressure test here soon as well but was curious to get some thoughts on troubleshooting the bypass valve as the potential culprit.

I had read on some other forums where guys would cap the bypass and do a pull to see if they hit a higher boost number. In an attempt to pinpoint if the proflow valve could be the culprit, would I run into and issues in attempting that with this set up? Im not sure if that would cause more harm than good.

Sponsored

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I know this is a pretty old thread but figured I wouldn't start a new one.

I've had low boost issues with my P1X HO kit that I put on a couple of months back. My kit shipped with a 4.38" pulley that barely made 4.5-5psi (at the limiter) I dropped to a 4.25" pulley and that seemed to bump me up to 5-6psi range. I am now in the process of finalizing a new tune with the goal of targeting 9-10 psi, problem is, I am not at a 3.85" pulley and am barely seeing 7-7.5 psi at redline, most of the time it is closer to 6.5.

I did a smoke test and that checked out fine without any leaks (I had capped the bypass tube since that doesnt seal), I just got a new belt to try and rule out belt slip. Fuel trims have always been where they need to be, etc. Unfortunately I'm still running into the same problem and am about 3+ psi short of where I should be. It seems like the boost on this thing doesn't like to get past the 5-6 psi mark.

I plan to do a pressure test here soon as well but was curious to get some thoughts on troubleshooting the bypass valve as the potential culprit.

I had read on some other forums where guys would cap the bypass and do a pull to see if they hit a higher boost number. In an attempt to pinpoint if the proflow valve could be the culprit, would I run into and issues in attempting that with this set up? Im not sure if that would cause more harm than good.
Whats your elevation?

OP
OP
SolarFlare

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Honestly, dont care what boost gauge says. Good belt, properly tensioned, good tune. If its flowing good air the log will tell you. go to the dyno or the track.

pmor4243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Whats your elevation?
Im at 4,200 Ft in Utah so that does play a big part in the overall lower numbers. That said what I am confused about is how I went from a 4.38 to a 3.85 and only seemed to pick up about 2-3 psi.

Honestly, dont care what boost gauge says. Good belt, properly tensioned, good tune. If its flowing good air the log will tell you. go to the dyno or the track.
Good advice. My plan was to get everything dialed in and then get it on the dyno, but ultimately if everything checks out and where Im at is where Im going to be, then Im good. Just trying to make sure I don't have a problem somewhere in the system that is causing such a large difference in expected vs actual boost.
Sponsored