Tuning issue open loop vs closed loop

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
My car is a real pain on open loop (cold operation) idles just fine, but drivability until I reach 190 cht. Isnt great. It'll stumble, buck, and generally runs like a cold carb vehicle. With the factory TB on the 350 mani its there but not as bad. With the 350 tb is much more pronounced.

Is there anything the tuner can do to make this smoother?
Sponsored

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I would think it is worth a try. Obviously going to take some datalogging and the right tuner that wants to try and figure it out for you. I here there are big name tuners out there that are BEYOND such things for the little guy, but there are several names that come up when asking who can troubleshoot these set-ups. Look around here, you'll see some names that fall into both of the categories I described.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
FYI the Gen 2 comes out of closed loop when the o2 sensor reaches 150 deg f. It stops enriching fuel at a coolant temp of about 90 deg f. My guess is the issue has nothing to do with closed loop or cold temp fuel enrichment.

OP
OP
PC_GUARD

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
FYI the Gen 2 comes out of closed loop when the o2 sensor reaches 150 deg f. It stops enriching fuel at a coolant temp of about 90 deg f. My guess is the issue has nothing to do with closed loop or cold temp fuel enrichment.
It just so fixed a temp, I can't guess what else would make it happen. It seems commanded?

Car is great after 190 and idles cold runs mostly fine other than bucking until I back off..
Sponsored

Last edited: