Soulja4187

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
The uCal does not display the inferred ethanol content like the nGauge did. With that being said, it wasn't the most accurate. Add an inline sensor with gauge if concerned.. :)
I know it wasnt that accurate just want to use it as a reference until I install a sensor. Does the RTD with the tuner app display alcohol content.
Sponsored

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
There will be some really nice upgrade features coming out for the RTD very shortly which should address the need for having a computer to use the device to flash/datalog.
Well that would be awesome because my tune was SCT and is now HP so it would be nice to have a device that has some sort of function in regards to holding a tune file.and adjusting it. For me it would be the similar MKVI or whatever the tool is called.

Last edited:

EEMene

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
So PBD will only flex tune with 93 being the minimum fuel grade? Not 91?
You can get PBD Primary fuel 91, Secondary fuel e85/flex for extra $100 (includes both dedicated e85 and flex tunes).

Chose uCal because it support both NA and FI. The SCT tuners support only NA. Not a factor for now, but could be in the future. There isn't much information on uCal, but it is a basic device with most important features and relatively simple to use.

EEMene

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
that sucks, I tried looking at Ucal but there isn’t any videos or information about it online. I wanted to know if it would provide information like the N Gauge, ethanol % and other useful stuff. How many times can it store.
Wish there were more videos. I bought one and can provide some answers. uCal can display 6 pids in a tabular format. Wish under settings there were more options (e.g. turn off display with car ignition off) other than just screen brightness. Today installed Flex and first impression is good.

Update: Display does go off shortly after ignition is off and turns on when restarting the car. Regarding uCal, it is a rebranded FORD PERFORMANCE PROCAL 4 CALIBRATION DELIVERY TOOL (pn: M-12655-F) - https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-12655-F
I travel often on business, so things are moving slowly. I'm currently on E85 and still testing/datalogging the second revision of the tune. Now that I'm back home will provide more info soon.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Soulja4187

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Wish there were more videos. I bought one and can provide some answers. uCal can display 6 pids in a tabular format. Wish under settings there were more options (e.g. turn off display with car ignition off) other than just screen brightness. Today installed Flex and first impression is good.
hey thank you for the feedback. Do you have any videos?

Sponsored

Torey3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible

Update: Display does go off shortly after ignition is off and turns on when restarting the car. Regarding uCal, it is a rebranded FORD PERFORMANCE PROCAL 4 CALIBRATION DELIVERY TOOL (pn: M-12655-F) - https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-12655-F
I travel often on business, so things are moving slowly. I'm currently on E85 and still testing/datalogging the second revision of the tune. Now that I'm back home will provide more info soon.
Where did you get your tune and procal? PBD told me they were back ordered.

EEMene

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Was your experience with them good? What did you pay for it with the tunes?
Service was great and they were responsive to questions. The uCal was $400, and PBD Basic Tune w/email support was $195. The additional tune - E85 (includes dedicated E85 and FLEX tunes) - was $100. Check their website for current prices.

Torey3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
Service was great and they were responsive to questions. The uCal was $400, and PBD Basic Tune w/email support was $195. The additional tune - E85 (includes dedicated E85 and FLEX tunes) - was $100. Check their website for current prices.
That was my take away on their price from the website. So Paramount is $695 out the door with the device, 93 and e85 tune. That is $100 cheaper than PBD website has. They are $699 for the ucal (out of stock) with 1 tune. Add on another $100 for e85, so $799 out the door for PBD. Am I missing something? Any reason not to go through Paramount and save $100?

Sponsored

EEMene

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
That was my take away on their price from the website. So Paramount is $695 out the door with the device, 93 and e85 tune. That is $100 cheaper than PBD website has. They are $699 for the ucal (out of stock) with 1 tune. Add on another $100 for e85, so $799 out the door for PBD. Am I missing something? Any reason not to go through Paramount and save $100?
No reason that I am aware. After Paramount ships uCal, you work directly with PBD regarding tune support.

EEMene

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Anybody on a dedicated E85 tune get engine codes P2097/P2099 (Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Rich)? Flex tune on E85 for about 60 miles showed no codes (need to test longer). Flex and dedicated 91 tunes did not get any codes on 91 Octane. Tuner claims "cannot adjust the codes for the post cat sensors. They will probably show rich on E85"
Sponsored