Sponsored

Tuning a manual?

LBStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 V6 MT
Has anyone with a manual gotten a tune? What are your thoughts and which tune do you recommend?
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Lots of em have, most of the guys on here rock MPT.

Here's the main thread on it with feedback going back two years.

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
There's thousands of 3.7 manuals tuned out there at this point. Unlike many engines/cars, there's real only one tune worth money on the 3.7 and that's MPT. I've tried Bama/SCT canned and the MPT tune is better in every way. There may be other tuners out there but MPT is probably still the best choice. They make the whole process super easy and you get your tunes super quick. There's no damage done to the trans if you were thinking to ask that. These tunes don't make crazy torque, it's mores so just waking up and smoothing out what the stock map didn't tap, so it's not going to torch your clutch or snap your driveshaft or anything. Still worth it though i say that it is a must have mod.

OP
OP

LBStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 V6 MT
Awesome, I think I'm leaning towards getting a tune, but I just realized that MPT doesn't sell to California...my state always taking the fun outta things...:shrug:

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
They might not ship there because of all the fun CA laws, but you could probably pick up a SCT X4 locally from someone else selling a used one and order the tunes with some sort of bs address because it gets emailed anyway.

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
If you want new, I'd say go with whoever you want a tune from. MPT for example has a deal that includes the tuner and 3 tunes for $450 compared to something like $150 for the 3 tunes alone. If you get a deal on a used tuner like I did ($175) it makes more sense to go used and pay full price for the tunes.

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
There's thousands of 3.7 manuals tuned out there at this point. Unlike many engines/cars, there's real only one tune worth money on the 3.7 and that's MPT. I've tried Bama/SCT canned and the MPT tune is better in every way. There may be other tuners out there but MPT is probably still the best choice. They make the whole process super easy and you get your tunes super quick. There's no damage done to the trans if you were thinking to ask that. These tunes don't make crazy torque, it's mores so just waking up and smoothing out what the stock map didn't tap, so it's not going to torch your clutch or snap your driveshaft or anything. Still worth it though i say that it is a must have mod.

I'm sorry but that is just a bold-faced lie, Unleashed tuning is also very good and I am having no issues competing against R/Ts etc. Just because some didn't take the time to datalog and like OTS/canned tunes does not mean the "there is only one tuner worth the money". The 3.7 is not some one off exotic engine that requires "special tuners".

Last edited:

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
I'm sorry but that is just a bold-faced lie, Unleashed tuning is also very good and I am having no issues competing against R/Ts etc. Just because some didn't take the time to datalog and like OTS/canned tunes does not mean the "there is only one tuner worth the money". The 3.7 is not some one off exotic engine that requires "special tuners".
It's obviously my opinion, take it or leave it. Nearly everyone on here and people I know personally that have MPT are satisfied with their product. I've tried canned and the MPT tunes I have are better. YMMV. If you like your unleashed tune so much, tell him not me. Trust me, I know the 3.7 is not an exotic engine, I never said it was :D

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
It's obviously my opinion, take it or leave it. Nearly everyone on here and people I know personally that have MPT are satisfied with their product. I've tried canned and the MPT tunes I have are better. YMMV. If you like your unleashed tune so much, tell him not me. Trust me, I know the 3.7 is not an exotic engine, I never said it was :D

Lol, the majority of people here with MPT tunes also have odd quirks like "my vehicle doesn't start", "unusual bogs" or "low trap speeds", I've PM'ed them all and usually MPT refuses to datalog and make it right for them and going to other tuners or just living with it. I'd love accurate datalogged results from all tuned V6's here (not just MPT) not running canned tunes. Canned tunes just suck compared to vehicles that are properly datalogged. From what it seems I'm one of the few who took the time to datalog with an Unleashed tune and for some reason I have good results. I wonder why that is lol...:confused:

Sponsored

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
Lol, the majority of people here with MPT tunes also have odd quirks like "my vehicle doesn't start", "unusual bogs" or "low trap speeds", I've PM'ed them all and usually MPT refuses to datalog and make it right for them and going to other tuners or just living with it. I'd love accurate datalogged results from all tuned V6's here (not just MPT) not running canned tunes. Canned tunes just suck compared to vehicles that are properly datalogged. From what it seems I'm one of the few who took the time to datalog with an Unleashed tune and for some reason I have good results. I wonder why that is lol...:confused:
I don't know what your beef is man, but I really don't care. They're tunes, like I said, your mileage may vary. I'm happy your unleashed tune is working well for you. My MPT tune is working well for me. Life goes on.

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
:thumbsup:
I don't know what your beef is man, but I really don't care. They're tunes, like I said, your mileage may vary. I'm happy your unleashed tune is working well for you. My MPT tune is working well for me. Life goes on.

:thumbsup:
Sponsored