Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grant
Vehicle(s)
2020 Velocity Blue 10r80 PP1.
Hello All,

Trying to decide on tuner and device.
It appears the SCT and BDX are going out of style maybe? I see they are deeply discounted and I think only PBD supports the SCT.

I plan on just headers, JLT intake and e85.

Any of the sponsors offer forum discounts?

I see beefcake had a deal with JT but I had never heard of them before.

I know a lot of the tuning seems comparable so its down to customer support I guess.

I will be running E all summer and then putting the car back to stock and 91 for winter storage.

Seems everyone offers a 91-93 tune and then you can add e85.

Thanks folks..
Sponsored

AWESOMO 4000

Threads
Reaction score
The upstate region. South of the border I think th
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT Premium
Several tuners use SCT, but HP Tuners and RTD have become the standard the last two years.

Livernois is also an option for Flex Tune. They have close partnership with Ford and share the MyCalibrator device. For a basic tune only set up, they're a good choice too. Pleased with my Flex tune thus far. Might get a weird start 1 out of every 10-12 times but that's the only critique so far. Most of the aftermarket tunes with E85 will do something similar from time to time.

OP
OP
Bigmustangguy

Bigmustangguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grant
Vehicle(s)
Seems like a good choice for me.

I plan to go whipple next summer so this should get me by without breaking the bank.

Thank you

Several tuners use SCT, but HP Tuners and RTD have become the standard the last two years.

Livernois is also an option for Flex Tune. They have close partnership with Ford and share the MyCalibrator device. For a basic tune only set up, they're a good choice too. Pleased with my Flex tune thus far. Might get a weird start 1 out of every 10-12 times but that's the only critique so far. Most of the aftermarket tunes with E85 will do something similar from time to time.

Fusion Training Systems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
Check out juggernaut. They support SCT and Iā€™m currently using the BDX.
Very easy to use.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Hello All,

It appears the SCT and BDX are going out of style maybe? I see they are deeply discounted and I think only PBD supports the SCT.

I know a lot of the tuning seems comparable so its down to customer support I guess.

I will be running E all summer and then putting the car back to stock and 91 for winter storage.

Thanks folks..
The tuning device doesnā€™t matter as much as the person doing the tune

The tune is a means to an end meaning the Tuner writes the software, and the device just flashes it onto the vehicle

We have Tunerā€™s that use Sct and we have Tunerā€™s that use HP. I have several great options available and youā€™re welcome to give me a call and I can go over the pros and cons to each and help me make a decision.

Feel free to DM me or call me up with any questions. Terry ā€œBeefcakeā€ Reeves - 855-827-7223 - www.beefcakeracing.com #beefcakeracing #teambeefcake

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have a used SCTX4 and a used SCT BDX if anyone wants them, hit me up. Both are in excellent shape and come with a case.

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Just did my own research recently as well, seemed the SCT BDX was pretty easy to use and Juggernaut was big but still small enough to be more "custom" if that makes sense.

I just datalogged my 9plus tune which definitely woke up 1-2-3 gears (sucks me into the seat even in this humid hot weather), and will soon be datalogging the flex tune. Jonathan from JPT has been helpful in clarifying everything I've had questions about (which is a lot since this was my first time flashing/datalogging).

5.0_Lojos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
The tuning device doesnā€™t matter as much as the person doing the tune

The tune is a means to an end meaning the Tuner writes the software, and the device just flashes it onto the vehicle

We have Tunerā€™s that use Sct and we have Tunerā€™s that use HP. I have several great options available and youā€™re welcome to give me a call and I can go over the pros and cons to each and help me make a decision.

Feel free to DM me or call me up with any questions. Terry ā€œBeefcakeā€ Reeves - 855-827-7223 - www.beefcakeracing.com #beefcakeracing #teambeefcake
Your a good dude Terry! šŸ™šŸ‘Š

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
If you are set on the SCT, I would go with Juggernaut. If you go with the HPT device, I would check out Wengerd.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bigmustangguy

Bigmustangguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grant
Vehicle(s)
Thank you all!!!

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

Logan@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 3.0L Whipple
Hello All,

Thanks folks..
Hey there!

What model year GT do you have? I personally used a SCT x4 for years and never had any issues with it. I did use an Ngauge and then MPVI2+ on my '20, again, no issues. I use them just to load and data log then put the tuners away - so really can recommend any of them.

For 91-93 and E85, your limiting factor will be availability of the fuel (and climate, both of which I believe you recognize already). I can recommend PBD, Lund (HPT only), Shoemaker, and Ortiz tuning. We carry all of these plus both SCT and HPT here at Lethal. We can help out putting a package together with or without the JLT as well. Give us a shout, we'd be happy to assist.

https://www.lethalperformance.com/info/custom-tuning-process

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Hello All,

Thanks folks..
also should mention we have the devices 25% off right now.

Customer service is everything, with us and JP, you get great customer service. You can reach me personally by phone til 10pm daily with questions, and i have a staff of 11 from 8-6 in the store as well.

We were lunds largest dealer for years... After 10 months of them blaming my tune issues on the car, we had Matt at JP look at the car, within a week he was able to diagnose the issue and code in the parameters that needed to be corrected.

Matt is not just a tuner, he is an engineer and coder by trade. One of the smartest guys I know.

He wrote all or the majority of the code on the backend of Lunds network!

They won't talk down to you like your a child. Beefcake / JP is the best combo out there right now!!
Sponsored