trunk opening issues

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
One thing I've noticed with my car, 2020 GT 301a if it matters, with the doors locked and the fob in my pocket I can't open the trunk by the button above the license plate. Is this normal for this car? My old ST and my wife's Flex would open the hatch still so long as the key fob is within range. I've looked through the different settings on the dash to make sure there wasn't an option. I have access to Forscan if it's something that needs to be enabled that way. I did pull the panel in the trunk to make sure the antenna wasn't simply left unplugged, but alas it's plugged in
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Iirc it should open even if its locked if the fob is near.

i know the older S550s had issues with the wiring cable to the trunk getting frayed. Check and make sure thatexposed cable lools good.

OP
OP

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Iirc it should open even if its locked if the fob is near.

i know the older S550s had issues with the wiring cable to the trunk getting frayed. Check and make sure thatexposed cable lools good.
its done it since I bought the car a month ago. Surely that’s not the case. The button does work with the doors unlocked

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Its easy to check, takes 5 sec. just stick yoir head in the trunk. I agree its /probably/ not that

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I remember reading about this issue. Fortunately, my car doesn't have it. When doors are unlocked, the rear antenna is not looking for the fob; you can open the trunk without a fob. IIRC, the issue was with the trunk harness (too tight when open), located by the right hinge. But don't remember what the source of the issue was, or the fix. Look for another thread on that subject. Good luck.
Sponsored